Chapter 6: Ratchet

"Ratchet, Clank," Talwyn began, stopping. She looked back at the ships, then to Ratchet.

"Yes?" Ratchet replied.

"I'm going to see if I can find Astrid, Ryngar, and Nefarious." She replied, grabbing the totem out of Aphelion. "I'll let you know what I find."

Ratchet nodded. "Alright." 

He slunk forward. Five aliens, reptillian-like, came toward him as Talwyn blasted off. "Well well well, if it isn't the spacemeat lombax, ratchet." The one snickered.

"You, I'm looking for my friend, stay out of my way." Ratchet replied angrily. 

They approached, claws sparking with electricity. Ratchet swung his wrench knocking two out. He jumped as a grenade flew toward him, rolling toward another tripping it and hitting it in the head. Ratchet jumped onto the fourth, whipping his wrench into its head. Turning to the last, he ran at it as it aimed its claws above him toward his ears, Clank's helipack turned on, lifting him up. He came down quick, knocking it back with a hard blow to the ground. Getting up, he continued forward, sneaking past some groups of more aliens. He came to a large clearing, it was clear. He ran forward, ducking in a bush as he heard voices.

"Echo!" That was Rowan! He peered out, spotting Rowan blasted back.

"I will be back." Ratchet saw Echo fall off the edge. He looked at Rowan as she yelled yelled and a trident gripped her neck, knocking her back into the wall. Rowan tried to kick her feet back to push off the wall, and pull the thing out. She was too high up off the ground to stand. Someone gripped the handle, it was Aylen!

"Well well well, Rowan Kitani." A voice snickered. Ratchet ducked back down.

A few seconds later, Ratchet heard Rowan. "Aylen." She growled.

Aylen laughed evilly. "You still remember." The reptillian-like creature growled.

"You killed Echo!" Ratchet heard a thud.

"Argh!" Aylen exclaimed, then growled, "well, see how you like this." He snarled, Ratchet heard a beep.

Ratchet heard buzzing. "Oh no." He whispered.

"Stop!" Rowan screamed. A minute later, Ratchet heard another thud.

"Have a good rest." Aylen snickered. Ratchet gritted his teeth, peering through the leaves. Aylen picked Rowan up with his lizard-like tail and carried her into the lab. Ratchet heard the footsteps fade and looked out, Rowan wasn't dead, she was in trouble!

(I am doing Ratchet's chapter longer than usual, because think about it, Rowan would still be unconscious.)

Ratchet dashed around, pulling back against the garage, looking inside, he saw it was not a garage, but a lab. He tumbled inside, hiding, right as the door closed. Ratchet spotted the tip of Rowan's tail disappear into the next room. He heard a scuffing noise and zap, then a crushing noise. Looking through a hole, Ratchet saw Rowan in a prison-like confinement, and he saw her communication-watch on the ground in pieces, still sparking with electricity.

"Lombaxes," he heard Aylen growl with her deep voice. "I hate them." Aylen spat, crawling out. Ratchet held his breath as she looked around and went back in. Ratchet breathed once more, he would be here a while if he wanted to rescue Rowan.