Chapter 2: Ratchet

Ratchet dashed after the thief.

"Maybe we should get her from Aphelion." Clank suggested.

"No time." Ratchet replied, slowly gaining on the thief. She climbed into a ship. "Pirates?" Ratchet's eyes got wide.

Clank jumped off his back and looked. "Seems we know why they stole it partly. Hehehehehe." He chuckled.

"Come on!" Ratchet grabbed his hand, dashing to Aphelion and jumping into her. They took off, setting after the pirate's ship. "This can't be good." He sighed as they flew over the Azorean Sea, a place very familiar to him.

Clank looked at him. "Hoolefar?" He blinked.

"I think so." Ratchet put on the thrusters, following from above. The thief jumped off, and from what Ratchet could see, she had white fur, with red stripes,  large ears, a tail- she was a lombax!

"Am I...imagining things?" Clank asked, leaning forward.

"No, that's another lombax!" He exclaimed.

Ratchet landed in another part of the beach on the other side of the island, closer to the people who lived there.

Ratchet jumped off his ship, Clank getting on his back, and ran into the town. "Mayor!" He called. Talwyn glided over. "There's a thief, who stole the thing we found." Ratchet sighed. 

"Oh no!" Talwyn's eyes widened. "That idol was the only thing that could help us figure out where Vendra and Neftin are hiding!"

"I know." Ratchet sighed as the ship docked down on the beach. "I have to hide!" He exclaimed.

He dove behind a rock. "Is she the one?" Talwyn crouched beside him.

Ratchet nodded. "She's the one who stole from me."