Chapter 3: Rowan

Rowan walked into the Island, spotting the mayor. She walked up a path, blue eyes brimming with joy as she spotted her home. She walked into the cave, entering through a door. As she entered, Echo climbed onto her back, looking around. 

"This is it, we'll finally find Uncle-." Rowan looked at Echo as footsteps sounded. She whipped around. It was the person from earlier, his robot, and someone else. "You again?"

Ratchet nodded. "We need that to find Vendra, Neftin, Astrid, Aylen, and Ryngar!" He pulled out a blaster. The girl next to him did as well.

"I need it to find my uncle!" She protested.

"Who's your uncle?" The girl replied.

"Alister Azimuth." Rowan replied, narrowing her eyes.

Ratchet glanced at Clank.

"What?" Rowan replied as he whispered. Echo jumped off her shoulder, her size grew and she was as large as a wolf. She hissed, her shape molding into a lizard-like creature.

"He's..." Ratchet trailed off.

"If something's happened to him, I'll have you tell me!" Rowan replied, heart thudding. She held up her dual blasters.

"Captain Rowan Azimuth-" Clank began, 

"it's Rowan Kitani." She replied, narrowing her eyes.

Captain Rowan Kitani, I am sorry." Clank began once more. "He's gone."

"G-Gone? What do you mean?"

"Rowan, he's dead- he died saving the galaxy from Nefarious." Ratchet knelt next to Rowan, his blaster lowered.

 Rowan dropped her blasters, falling back. She looked down at the ground, then to the idol. She blinked and turned away, knocking the idol back toward them. Rowan got up, brushing herself up. She grimaced, starting to walk down the tunnel. Echo grabbed her dual blasters. She stopped as she heard the girl speak.

"Ratchet, maybe we should bring her with us, she could help." The girl whispered.

"You're right, Talwyn." Ratchet replied. "Hey Rowan?"

"Yes?" She sniffed, wiping tears from her eyes.

"Would you like to come with us?" Ratchet offered. Rowan stood up as Echo fell beside her, looking up at Rowan.

"I guess so." She replied quietly. Echo got smaller, molding into a Zoni-like creature with a tail, only the size of a sloth. Silverish-blue, with black eyes. Echo looked at her, climbing onto Rowan's back. "Okay, we're ready." She pressed a button on her watch, that allowed her to see her crew.

"Ashasta, Alix." Rowan said, looking at the screen. The two looked at Ashley's watch.

"I told you to call me Ashley!" She replied.

"What's up, Captain?" Alix replied, ignoring Ashley's comment.

"I need you two to command the ship for a while, I won't be back for a while." Rowan replied. Alix nodded.

"Alright." Alix replied. The watches broke communication.

"Alright." Rowan turned to Ratchet, Clank, and Talwyn.

And so the long adventure began.

(Note from the author: I know what you're thinking, female lombaxes don't have tails; however, I feel that when they made Angela, that for me she lost her tail in my vision of lombaxes, I think they are like animals, all animals are similar, why shouldn't lombaxes be? I mean it would make sense why Angela doesn't have a tail if she lost it, that's why I made Rowan have a tail x3)