Chapter 5: Rowan

Rowan ran, she could feel Echo hanging on. She ran toward a large garage-like area, which Rowan knew wasn't a garage, it was a lab. She started to go in, veering away from the edge of the floating island. A loud thud made Rowan jump. She jumped forward, dodging a large rocket, and landed with an "oof."

Looking up, Rowan saw Echo skidding toward the edge, she dove forward as Echo fell, gripping the edge. Rowan went to grab her as another rocket shot in between them, rattling the ground. It knocked Rowan into the lab.

"Echo!" Rowan yelled, quickly spinning around.

"I will be back." Echo gritted her teeth sockets, slipping off the edge. Rowan gasped, slightly shaking. She started to get up, looking around. She yelled as something gripped her neck, knocking her back into the wall. She tried to kick her feet back to push off the wall, and pull the thing out. She was too high to stand. Rowan looked up as someone gripped the handle off the trident.

"Well well well, Rowan Kitani." A voice snickered.

Rowan grimaced, struggling to pull the thing off her neck. "Aylen." Rowan growled, glaring at him.

Aylen laughed evilly. "You still remember." The reptillian-like creature growled, leaning forward. Rowan turned her head a bit.

"You killed Echo!" She kicked forward, knocking him back.

"Argh!" Aylen scoffed. "Well, see how you like this." He snickered, pressing a button.

Electricity hit above the handle, slowly going toward Rowan. She shrieked as it hit her, buzzing through her. "Stop!" She screamed, she could feel herself beginning to tire and knew if it didn't stop, she would be dead. It stopped, however Rowan could see black clouds beginning to spread across her eyes.

"Have a good rest." Aylen snickered, removing the trident. Rowan dropped to the ground, black clouding her. She groaned, blacking out.