Girl meets Movies

I dedicate this chapter to @cowan "Hey Rowan," I say as I open the door.

She drops a bag on the floor. "Ok, so I brought the makeup and clothes!" She opens it and brings out her outfit choices. "Oh yeah I forgot to tell you, Lucas was a bit nervous to do it alone so he invited Cory-" she hesitates. "And I didn't want it to be awkward for him so I kinda assumed you'd not be busy and said you would come too," my heart skips a beat. Being there with Rowan and Peyton on their date. "Don't worry, you're not intruding. This is like an informal first date. We are just going to the movies. Peyton and I will be going on another date on our own later. So I don't want to over dress."

It would be fine, I told myself.

I helped her choose something simple, a black skirt, a white shirt with pictures on it, a beanie and some black heels. I quickly changed into a random pink flamingo jumper I found in my closet and some black ripped jeans and boots. I did her mascara, and lip gloss and curled her hair.

"You ready, Row?" I look at her. She fixes her hair m

"Yeah," he preps herself.

Since the cinema was not to far to walk to, we left by 7 and arrived by half past. On the way we talked.

"Do you think  is weird?" Rowan looks down.

"Your outfit is fine," I laugh.

"No, no not that. This. Is it right? To date my best Friend? And co worker? I know this is only the first date but it could lead to more. What will the directors think, and the fans and the press?"

"It's fine," I rub her back. "You don't need to care what they think."

"What about you?" my heart skips a beat. "What do you think?"

"I think it doesn't matter what I think," I try to laugh.

"But it does. Because if you, or any of the gang don't agree with it, please tell me now and I'll stop now. You guys mean the world to me, I would never try to ruin that," she looks me dead in the eye.

"We want you to be happy, Rowan. Stop worrying about us. Let yourself be happy."

We saw the two boys buying tickets to a movie and when they saw as they walked over.

"Did you get tickets to something romantic?" Rowan battered her eyelashes. I try not to cringe. She's my best friend and she's trying, and she looks beautiful. But no matter who she is, i can't help the growing envy. I should've told her no, I wasn't okay with it. But that would be selfish. And she'd never do the same to me.

"Close. Star Wars, the force awakens!" The say at the same time.

"Yes! I love star wars!" I say, and they high five me. We look like dorks.

"Oh. Yeah. Me too," Rowan says. "Chewbacca is like so cute." We all laugh at her joke. "What?"

"Oh," Peyton says awkwardly. "Nothing."

We all go to the counter and Riley buys popcorn for herself, then Corey then it's my turn in line. "Oh no, I forgot my money!" I say.

"It's ok, we can share," Peyton says putting money down.

"I hope you don't mind the rainbow colored popcorn."

"Ew, it's disgusting," Rowan says. "I love salty."

"Luckily, It's my favourite type of popcorn," he collects his change. "I can tolerate sweet, but I hate salty."

We take our popcorn and walk into cinema 7. We get good seats and sit so that its Rowan, Peyton, me then Corey.

The movie starts with the Star Wars theme song opening it.

Rowan wiggled around in her seat, and rested her head on Peyton's shoulder. I tried not to wish that was me. I let my hands drop to my side and I feel A hand suddenly grab mine. I try to to not let the smile creep onto my face but it's inevitable.

"Are you alright, Maya?" Rowan asks.

I clear my throat. "Yeah, I just... Really like Star Wars."

-

"That was amazing," we all said as we walked out. Peyton had his arm slung round Rowans shoulder.

"It's only 10. We still have an hour till curfew since we have the day off tomorrow. Do you guys wanna go to the top of the fro-yo places roof?"

"Sure," Rowan said.

"Yeah, Why not?" I shrug and we turn to Corey.

"I got to head back home now," Cory apologised.

"Bradley says he's bored of unpacking, can I invite him to come?" I ask, peering up from. Y phone.

"Sure," rowan says. I think I see Peyton tense slightly.

"Bye, Corey," we all hug him.

We all hop onto the bus and make our way to the back of the store when we get there.

"Hey, Mark," I say to the owner and he nods at me. "I have a friend name Bradley coming. He is short-ish with black hair. When he comes in can you show him the way up?"

"Anything for you, Miss. Carpenter."

We make it up the long spiral of stairs that lead past his apartment and up to the top of the tall building. A few minutes later, as I was sitting down on the edge of my feet swinging off the building, watching Rowan and Peyton cuddle each other, I felt someone sit next to me.

"Hey, Bradley," I lean my head on his chest. "I missed you."

"I missed you more," he laughs and gives me a cheesy grin. "This is just like when we were young," he said, stroking my hair. "Before you moved away."

"Acting and singing was my dream," I said. "And now it's not a dream, it's a reality that I am living."

"It's so beautiful up here," he said. "Just like you."

"Ahaha there's the charming and joking Bradley I know and love."

"Ah ha ha. Yeah."

-

I stood up brushing dust off my jeans. "We better get going," I pulled Bradley up. "Tonight was nice," I smile and then link arms with Rowan. "I don't have any money and neither does Rowan so we'll walk again."

"It's fine I can pay for you girls-" Peyton started.

"It's fine," Rowan said, kissing him on the cheek. "Anyway, I'm sleeping over at Sabrina's and her house isn't too far. We'll be fine."

I hugged Bradley and then hugged Peyton. "It's you I'm really worried about," he whispered in my ear. I know he cares about Rowan of course, like a sister, but it was nice knowing he really cared about me. "Stay safe, Sab. Text me when you're home."

"Bye."

-

Sorry this update took a decade