Part 4 - Gazing into the Ocean

Things got chaotic at dinner. Blue got curious and, upon seeing what looked like a family portrait on the wall, asked where the missing person was. After she said this, the boy, Inari, left the table. Before he did, he looked at Blue and said, "You guys are suppossed to be heroes right? Heroes don't exist. You're just gonna die like my Dad. He tried to be a hero and look at him, he's dead." He shouted the last part. Blue nearly jumped out of her chair and slapped the kid across the face. Everything went silent.
" Inari...was it? You're wrong about heroes. They do exist! My Ma and Pa were heroes! They're dead! But when people die, you have to live for their sake! " Blue shouted and left the house.
...
Blue wandered into the forest to calm herself down. There's no way I'll make everyone proud if I can't even do a mission right, she thought. She kept thinking to herself, until she ran into someone. "O-oh I'm so s-" Blue lost her words. It was Haku.
"Long time no see, Nee Chan." Haku smiled. Then, Blue did something unexpected. She took out her sword and handed it to the boy.
"You want to kill me, right? Cause I left you.." Blue whispered. Haku put the sword down and embraced the girl. "You were the first one....who ever cared. I could never harm you."
He grabbed her hand and kissed it. "You really don't look 17, Haku. It's been 10 years, huh." Blue smiled. "And you certainly don't look 19."
Haku explained what happened after Blue left him and everything with Zabuza. "I had him hire people to keep an eye on you, Nee Chan. ...Why did you wait this long until you became a ninja? Aren't you a ninja when you turn 13?"
Blue sighed.
"It was for Naruto. My brother. I dropped out of school and re entered when my brother was if age. That way, I could be on his genin team and protect him. But how can I protect him if I'm up against you, Haku Kun?" Blue looked sad. Haku held her hand. "You'll be at the bridge tomorrow, right? To..fight us." Haku nodded in response. Blue smiled weakly, "In that case, spend the night with me. I have a place I want to go to, a place I've never been. It's called, the ocean ." Haku laughed, "You've never been there?" He stood up and offered Blue his hand, which she took. "Let us spend our final night together."
...
Naruto went upstairs to talk to the boy. But he wasn't there. After getting lost multiple times, Naruto found him on the backside porch, and sat down next to him. Inari kept telling Naruto to go away, but when he realized how troublesome Naruto is, he let it be. "What do you want, anyway?"
"Heroes are real."
"Wha-"
"Heroes are real, Inari! Your Dad was a hero for saving you, he was! Blue has lost half her family, they all died a hero! I want to be like them. I'm going to be a hero too, Inari."
Inari was silent as Naruto left, then Naruto turned around and said,
"My sister is right. You have to live for those you lost. You find new meanings. New people to protect! I'll be a hero, believe it!"
...
All night they laid on the beach and smiled. A real smile. Haku had never been so happy, truly. And Blue hadn't felt such happiness since she was last with Haku all those years ago. But, all good things must come to an end. Dawn came, and they had to part. Haku watched Blue sleep all night, how beautiful he thought she was. He tried to get her grasp off his hand and leave, but that wouldn't work. Blue woke up and held his hand tighter before standing up.
"Haku, no matter what, I hope we meet again. I will protect my comrades, but will never hurt you. You're going to grow up and fall in love and experience so many things. And in the end, I want you yo remember that you mean something to me. I care about you." She placed her hand on his cheek.
"Blue."
"Hm?"
"I want my first kiss to be with someone I love."
"Haku-"
He leaned in a placed a oh too gentle peck on her lips, when he tried to pull away, Blue pulled him back gently for a soft kiss.
Blue smiled, "If any girl mistreats my precious Haku, they better run."
They both laughed.
"I have something for you, Blue."
Haku then took an old bracelet off his wrist. The bracelet! "Haku, is that-"
"The bracelet you gave me when you left. So, no matter what, I'll be with you, Nee Chan. I promise." He put in or her wrist, "The marking on this bracelet. I found out early on that they mean 'Love'. Love, huh? I think I finally understand what that means now." Now he was taller than her, so he kissed her forehead. "This means goodbye, right?" He whispered. Blue held his hand and kissed his forehead before pulling him closely to her. "Papa taught me when you kiss someone on the forehead, it's like a charm. It means you love and wish the best for them." Blue whispered. "Then I shall give you 1000 forehead kisses!" Haku smiled. What an innocent kid. Blue kept laughing as he kept trying to kiss her.
She looked him in the eyes and smiled weakly, "It's true. This is goodbye."
...
As I gazed into the ocean, I whispered to myself,
Don't cry Blue.
You can't cry.
You're not a human.
A monster.
I will never cry!
I will never cry...yet...this pain in my heart feels so destructive, I feel as if I could die.