11:11

Maya's P.O.V.
I woke up, glad it was Saturday. I put on some sweatpants and a tank top. My mom was out at work. I heard a knock and opened the door. Lucas was standing there, with a small tabby kitten. "Hey, I found this little guy on the street. You want him?" Lucas asked. I laughed and took the kitten. "Come inside." I said.

Me and Lucas were sitting at the table, the kitten in a little tub with water. I washed him while me and Lucas talked. "Will your mom let you keep him?" He asked. "Probably not, but she'll come around." I replied. He laughed. "What?" I said. "Oh nothing, just you." He said. I slightly punched his arm. "What will you name him?" He asked. "York." I said. He smiled. I took York and dried him off and we took him to the vet. He got his shots and then we left. It was about 8 pm when we got back. "I have to leave." Lucas said. I nodded and hugged him. "Today was fun." I said. He agreed and left.

Mom would be home soon. How could I tell her I have a cat?

Mom opened the door. York ran to her. "MAYA, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?" Mom shouted. "It's a cat." I said weakly. "Get out of the house!" Mom yelled, her face red. "But-" I started. "Out!" She bellowed. I grabbed York quickly and left. I held back tears. I didn't need to cry. I went to a bakery about 30 minutes away from our house. I walked in. "Sorry Miss, but pets aren't allowed in here." A waitress said. I nodded, walking out. I decided to go to the park. I walked into the park, and saw a familiar face. Lucas. With his parents. I sat on a bench near him, making sure York wasn't cold. I took of my jacked to cover him.

"Maya?" Lucas asked. I looked up, and once I saw his face, I let out all the tears.