Part 25

Marron P.O.V:

I walked into school on Monday morning with Hexas and his puppet Mary-Anna, ignoring the people stares.

Sunday had been fun until the incident with Harrison. It had been my dads Idea that we gate crash the church.

My school books were still in Harrisons locker so after quickly saying goodbye to Hexas.

When I got to the locker there was a small piece of paper just sticking out of the bottom of the locker.

I hesitantly pulled it out and saw fifty dollars in the note.

I put the money in my hip pocket and opened the note.

'Here's the other fifty dollars you forgot to steal. Thanks for showing me that loves never works. I left your books in Mr.Thomas's room'

I sighed as I red the note. I crumbled up the note and closed my eyes, hitting my forehead on the locker door.

It should have never happened, I should have stopped before I got too deep into a guy I was using for money.

"Hey" Lewis called, jogging to catch up with me as I walked to my first lesson. "You doing anything tonight?"

I looked up at him and sighed. "Not in the mood"

He looked at me, confused. "I'll pay double"

That just made me feel even sicker, knowing that guys knew I was that easy to buy.

"No Lewis" I said, walking into the classroom, dreading seeing Harrison.

He wasn’t there, the classroom was empty apart from Mr.Thomas, who silently handed me my books.

I looked down at my watch.

Harrison was normally here by now.

Harrison P.O.V:

I left the note just hanging out of my locker, hoping she wasn’t too stupid not to find it.

Wait, that was unfair. I was the stupid one for falling in love with her.

"What can I do for you Harrison?" The woman from behind the front desk said,

"I have a note from Mr. Thomas, saying that my time table needs to be changed to the lower group" I said, handing the woman the note.

After explaining to Mr.Thomas what had happened He'd agreed to write me a note to get me out of all the classes I was in with Marron.

"But your a straight A student?" The woman said.

I just shrugged.

She sighed. "Two seconds"

She turned in her chair to her computer.

I waited patiently, leaning against the desk, looking at my watch.

Marron would have found the money and note by now.

I knew that Marron had taken half the money from my savings as soon as I saw it was missing - she was after all a prostitute.

I'd given her rest of the money that was originally going to me and Avil getting away from this shitty town and the grip our mother had on us.

"Here you go" The woman smiled, handing me a new timetable. "Is there anything else?"

"No thanks" I smiled back at her, walking to my new first lesson.