.01.

"I'm fine, mom." Ben assures his mother, Leia, through the phone.

"How are your classes going? How are your grades? Oh, did you get that package your dad sent last week?" She rambles question after question causing him to begin a headache.

"Slow down, please." She laughs lightly. "Look, I have to go. Tell dad thanks for the socks. They're er- nice?"

"He knew you would love them. We found them at Target and he just had to send them to you." Ben sadly gazes at the polka dot socks thrown on this bed along with the box it came in. He really did hate them. "I'll let you go, my little college boy. I love you."

"Love you too. Tell dad I miss him."

"I will. Goodbye, sweetheart." Ben hangs up and throws his phone with the hideous socks. He slips on a jacket and slides in a pack of cigarettes in the pocket.

Today is a regular Saturday. Ben didn't have classes. He usually calls his mom, takes some pictures around town, and so happen be around the same time as that barista works in that small shop.

He places his camera in his bag and heads out. With a small swift movement he stuffs a cigarette in his mouth and locks the door. This addiction was so disgusting. Smoking was one of the worst flaws to him. If only it was easy to quit but what would be his escape then?

After a few pictures of urban life, he finally makes his way to the coffee shop. A small smile grows on his lips. He shoves the door and the smell of coffee hits him. Ben actually really hates coffee. Finding out about this place was really an accident and he would never return if it wasn't for that small ginger-haired man. Actually, smelling coffee makes him want to puke. That's not going to stop him from admiring that man though, no.

"Hi, what can I get you?" Another employee asks. Ben scratches the back of his neck.

"Just give me a tall black coffee." Ben cringes at the thought of the beverage. He hands him some money and hurriedly makes his way to stare at the cute barista make his beverage.

"So, a black coffee. Tired?" The sound of his voice causes him to jump. Was he really talking to Ben? After the many times he comes here he finally talks? Ben was starting to think he wasn't able to.

"U-uh yeah? Kind of." Wow. That response could not have been anymore awkward and inaudible.

"What was that?" The man looks up and they both make eye contact. Ben's heart races and his chest feel tighten. No. This was not part of the great Ben plan. He was suppose to just watch him make his drink, sit down to stare at him, and throw away his untouched drink. Talking was not apart of it.

"N-nothing." The man places the drink on top of the counter in front of him.

"Here you go, sir."

"My name is Ben." Ben was beginning to think that maybe he should just not ever socialize. These responses keep getting worse and worse in his opinion.

"You can call me Hux." The two both grow a small blush and grin at each other.

"I'll talk to you later, Hux." With a small nod from Ben, he dismisses himself to a table off to the side. He proceeds with his usual admiring and fake sipping his drink.

Hi !! This is my first kylux fanfic so it might suck a little sorry :-///