Chapter Two

Ronnie’s POV

What just happened? I felt whatever happiness that had been in me escape out. The one person I loved most in this world had just blown me off like I was just another person, like I wasn’t her older brother. She had just stormed out, not even giving me an explanation as to why she was so upset. The only words leaving her mouth being “You did everything.” What did she mean by I did everything?

I realize that I hadn’t been there like I should of. That in her mind I had just stranded her when she needed me most. But it wasn’t like I didn’t want to be with her. What can I do? Tell the judge that I don’t want to go? Like I didn’t try that one already.

I felt my mom reach up and grab my face, pulling it down to where I could see straight into her eyes. “Now you listen to me Ronald Radke. Do not take anything Lena just said to heart. She didn’t mean it. She is just confused and isn’t used to having you out. Give her some space and some time to adjust.” She let go of my face and gave me a motherly hug. I didn’t feel the warmth I had missed. I felt completely numb.

Lena’s words where still being played in my head. What did she truly mean? Had I hurt her that badly? Or was there something no one was telling me? Either way I was going to find out

Lena’s POV

I push the key into the door knob and twisted it until I heard the click signaling that it was now unlocked. Realizing that I was the first home I turned around to invite Craig in, only to see that he was staring off into space.

“Hello earth to Craig, the mother ship is calling.” I snapped my fingers around his face.

“Whoa! What? Oh did I just zone out?” He smiled sheepishly. “Sorry I just have a lot on my mind.”

I smiled. “It’s fine. Care to share?”

He paused as if trying to figure out what to say. “You know I will always be here for you right?”

I was stunned. He really thought I didn’t know that? He was the one person who was there for me when no one else was. “Of course I know that. I always did.”

He let out a sigh of relief. “Okay I’m just making sure.”

I laughed. Not to sure what else to say.

“So…?” He shifted his weight from foot to foot.

“So. Do you want to come inside?” I mindlessly twirled my hair.

“Uh isn’t Ronnie going to be home soon?” he asked saying my brother’s name like it was one of the unforgivable curses.

“Well my mom said she was going to take us out to eat. I am going to assume that she still took him. So giving the way that guy eats, I’d say we have a good two hours.” I looked at his face and noticed that he looked exhausted. “I am pretty tired myself so I was thinking about crashing for a few hours. Care to join?”

His face lit up at the thought of sleep. “Sure.”

I laughed and grabbed his hand leading toward the stairs. He tripped on the third clearly to tired to care. I on the other hand found it quite funny. He glared at me as I giggled and I held my hands up in surrender. Once we reached the top I turned to my left and guided him to the end of the hallway where my door stood plastered with Beware and Enter at own risk stickers.

“I warn you. I haven’t had time to clean.” I said fully aware that my definition of clean and his where completely different.

“Pfft yeah right.” He rolled his eyes.

“Okay don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

I pushed the door open to reveal a room big enough for a queen. The bed was king sized with a black laced canopy and black silk sheets, a giant mound of plush Hello Kitty toys on top of it. On the opposite wall was a door that lead out to the balcony which overlooked the back gardens. To the left of the doors was a smaller version of a living room which contained a flat screen TV, five black leather bean bags, and a mahogany coffee table that doubled as my computer desk. In the farthest corner sat a white vanity completely covered with darkly colored makeup. A few feet away are the doors to my closet and bathroom, nothing to elaborate.

“You can just chill on the bed for now… Do you need something to change into?”

Craig looked down at his black skinny jeans and skin tight white v-neck. “Uh yeah that’d be great.”

I smiled. “Okiie. I’ll be back in a jiffy.”

He laughed. “Who says jiffy anymore?”

I stuck my tongue out. “I do.” and bounded into the closet.

I shut the door and grabbed a pair of Jack Skellington pajama shorts and one of Ronnie’s old black and white stripped tank tops. I grabbed a pair of Ronnie’s old sweat pants off a random shelf and walked out of the closet. I found Craig in a bean bag flipping through channels on the tv.

I threw the pants at him. “Here you can change in there.”

He smiled and stood up. “Okay be back in a sec.”

I muted the TV, locked the door, incase Ronnie decided to have one of his heart to hearts, and turned to face my bed. I took a running leap and jumped on to the bed sending plush Hello Kitties in every direction. I picked one up off the ground, pulled back the covers and laid down. Memories of what had happened today flooded into my mind. The look on Ronnie’s face when he figured out I was mad at him was heart breaking. I hated to see my brother hurt but it seems he has no problem hurting me.  I felt the bed sink in next to me. I turned to face Craig. I looked down and felt myself go red. I had never seen him without a shirt on except when he was on stage. But looking at him now was different. He wasn’t as pudgy as the shirts he wore lead you to believe. I couldn’t resist the urge to poke him in the stomach. The moment I did I knew I had made a mistake.

He pretended to be mad. “What was that?”

I slowly began to move out of the bed. “I dunno.”

“Oh I’m pretty sure you do.” He got up as well and I knew that was my cue to run. But I wasn’t fast enough and he tackled me to the ground and began tickling me. “Now why did you poke me?”

My response was muffled by the laughter that was escaping my lips. “I. Don’t. Know. Cant. Breathe. Please. Stop.” I managed to gasp.

“I’m not sure I’m ready to.” He gave me a devious smile.

“How. Can. I. Get. You. To?” I asked.

“Say that I am your master and I am the most amazing person in the world.”

I kept my mouth shut until he began tickling the backs of my knees as well as my sides. “Fine! Fine! You. Are. The. Master. Of. Me. And. The. Most. Awesome. Person. In. The. World.” I muttered with my last breath of air.

Satisfied he got off me and stood up, holding a hand out to me to help me up. I took it and ungracefully dragged myself off the floor and to my feet. I attempted to walk to the bed but Craig stood in front of me making it impossible to even see behind him.

“What do you want?” I mocked annoyed.

“Well then someone’s a little cranky.” I stuck my tongue out at him once again.

“Can I just go to sleep?”

“Nope. In fact I believe that since you made me master you have to do what ever I say.” He gave me a mischievous grin.

I actually laughed out loud. “Yeah right, that is never going to happen.” I nudged him back and ran as fast as I could around him and made it to the bed without being tackled again. I loved how we could tease each other but after awhile I just wanted to be able to talk without a sarcastic comment from one of us.

He followed me and I felt the opposite side sink under his weight. I looked at the time. It was nearly 3. I yawned and snuggled into the blankets. I felt Craig’s arms slip around my waist and pull me closer. I allowed myself to relax into his body.

The last thing I remember was him kissing the top of my head and whispering “Sweet dreams beautiful” before I drifted off to sleep. These are the moments that make everything worth while.