13. His Little Bird....

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," I whispered once again before closing my eyes.

"Jeremy?" She called before unconsciousness could envelope me. I blinked my eyes open heavily to look up at her.

"Mhm-hmm, yeah," I mumbled half asleep.

" I love you." She whispered before closing the door behind her.

I curled up in the sheets and fell asleep as more tears streamed down my face.

______________________________________

I stepped hesitantly down the hall making my way towards the familiar voices. One was definitely Chris' deep, husky voice and the other sounded like Betty's, I mean mom's voice. That was going to take a while to get use to.

As I rounded the corner and came to stand in the doorway of the kitchen I could tell the we're having quit a serious conversation with the expressions on their faces. I knew I shouldn't eavesdrop, but then I heard my name and all rational thought flooded out my mind and I listened intently.

"Jeremy has enough going on then you pressuring him into a relationship with you." Betty spoke seriously as she stared up into Chris' face who was conveniently leaning against the counter with his arms and legs crossed.

"I know, Mom," he sighed heavily as he rubbed his forehead with a large hand as if he was trying to relieve a headache. "But, God do I miss him."

"Baby, we all miss him." She whispered quietly, her eyes shinning a bit.

Chris gave a scathing look and I had to smile at how gorgeous he looked in that moment. He was just a really good looking man. That's all.

"I understand what you meant," she smiled, a small laugh leaving her mouth.

"I mean I really miss him." Chris shrugged looking away from her piercing green eyes. "I miss the way he looked at me with so much love or how he smiled at me like I was the only one he could see. I just....I miss us. Do you get what I'm trying to say?" He asked, eyebrows scrunched up in thought.

"Yes, I understand what you're saying, son." She wrapped her arms around herself as if she was cold. "What you need to realize is what you still have and stop dwelling on what you don't anymore."

Chris raised an eyebrow as a question.

I loved how he could just make a simple gesture with his hands of facial features and everyone knows exactly what he's trying to say. He's such a complex person , but yet so simple in other ways. He's a complete mystery.

I sighed quietly. How could I love something about another man? Why did Chris have that effect on me?

It could be that he's been a constant in my life since I've woken up without an idea of who I was. I could be leaning on him, trusting him far more than I should because he's been there for me since. Gosh, I'm so confused. I just wanted these damn feelings to go away.

What I couldn't do was lie to myself about having absolutely no feelings for the man. Because I do, I feel something for him, more than what I should feel for a man I just met a few days ago. What exactly I'm feeling for him, I have no idea and right now I have to much on my plate to have time to try and figure it out.

For now, I'm just going to ignore the attraction I'm feeling for the much bigger man.

"-matters is that you love him and keep him safe." Betty was saying while staring intently into Chris' eyes. Sometime during the time I was lost in my thoughts she had stood up and approached my husband.

My husband. That was never going to sink in. In married to another man. That means I'm actually gay. It just isn't natural....

"I will," Chris replied with so much conviction in his voice that I couldn't even help but to believe him. "I love him more than anything in this world."