MIDNIGHT [7]

[ dedicated to Niharika for being an amazing friend]

The sky was clear and the wind was cold. We were shining bright in the sky with the white moon who was at it's best. There was no one around; no voice, no sound, no movement, no soul. Just the two of them lying on the cold grass without caring about the world because for them the only thing that mattered was their love.

Wrapped in each other's arms, no one said nothing. They just stayed there feeling each other's warmth of love and tried to reciprocate the same. Both of them felt as if the other had more to give but little did they know that when you talk about love there is nothing like "more love".

Finally, the spell of silence was broken by her soft voice which was full of concern.

"Daniel?"

"Yes baby?"

"Why did you think of leaving me again?"

"I.."

This was the question he failed to answer because he knew that no amount of explanation, no amount of clarification is going to heal her scars which he had given her by leaving in the past. 

"Tell me, Daniel."

"Because I care for you."

"Then you wouldn't have chosen to leave me."

"Sarah, I don't know how to explain it to you. But it's just the society feels that we should not be together. And even after convincing myself a hundred times that what they say is wrong, I am defeated by their cruel words."

"Daniel, get over yourself and just remember this that we love each other and love is not defined by some religion or economic status. It doesn't matter if you are a worker and I am the ex-mayor's daughter. You are a human with a beautiful soul and I love you."

He was speechless to see her love for him. He considered himself to be really fortunate that he had someone like her in his life to provide support. 

But he still feared that what if someday she has to suffer because of him? What if he is bound to leave her someday? Or maybe he is taken away from her? 

Little did he know that the destiny had favored his fears more than his dreams and so his fears came true.