MIDNIGHT [5]

[ dedicated to Julietta for her beautiful works]

Their fifth midnight was a mixture of emotions. It had love, pain, happiness,tears, promises and heartbreaks.

They laid on the cold grass with their arms draped over each other, providing the warmth of love to protect each other from the cold wind blowing around them. Her eyes were closed as she took in the scent of her love while he traced his finger along the beautiful features of her little face. His touch made her shiver but she liked it, she loved it. 

Then suddenly, amidst the soft, cold cheeks he felt something that broke his heart. 

A teardrop.

"Sarah? What's wrong baby?"

"Daniel?"

"I am here."

"Don't leave me again."

And his hurt broke for a millionth time after hearing that word 'again'. Not that she was wrong when she used it but it was not his fault. All the time that he left her was for her own good. He just wanted to protect her from himself.

"Sarah, I know I have hurt you innumerable times but I promise that this time I won't leave you. I'll be here for you, no matter what."

"I love you, Daniel."

"I love you too, Sarah."

And he brought her close to himself; close enough for her to hear his heartbeat; close enough for him to breathe in her hair. 

She loved him the most and there was no doubt about it. But he had hurt her the most. And sadly, that is the truth of our lives; the people whom we love the most are the ones who hurt us the most. But then he had never meant to that; the society made him do that.

That night we came to know about one thing that maybe leaving someone doesn't not always mean that you don't love them. Sometimes it is just for their good. At certain moments, you can't do anything to make things better and the only option that you have is, to leave. 

Media - Life of the Party by Shawn Mendes

A/N
I have made some changes in the MIDNIGHT[2]. Do check it out once.