MIDNIGHT [1]

[dedicated to Yasmin for writing a book that restored my faith in true love yet again]

It was just a normal night of September. 

We were shining bright up in the sky and were talking among ourselves. While the moon, who was about to disappear in a day or two, stood there in the night sky trying hard to illuminate the surrounding with it's light. 

Nearly everyone was asleep. The lights of most of the houses of the street were now switched off making the moonlight the brightest source of light. 

But there was a girl sitting on the garden's bench with a diary in her hand. The silence around her was deafening and the only sound was that of her crying. Tears continuously flowed down her cheeks as she read the pages of that diary which had all the memories of her father whom she had just lost.

There was no one around to wipe her tears and no one to console her. But far across a distance, there stood a guy who was as much broken as she was. 

He was a lost soul who had no faith in the existence of things like love or even humanity. He had seen the most brutal things in his life in the past few days. Her once jolly life was now turned into a life of a prisoner. He was blamed for the things he hadn't done; he was punished for the mistakes he hadn't committed; and he was separated from the world for being someone he wasn't.

As he walked through the wet grass on that night, his eyes spotted a beauty in the moonlight. She was one of the most prettiest girl he had ever seen in his life. But his heart broke a little more when he saw the teardrops on her cheeks. 

He walked to her with a hope to fix a broken heart even when it was his heart that needed to be fixed.

"Why are you here? It's not safe."

She was startled to hear a voice at midnight. But the next thing that she did was something that she needed the most.

She kept the diary aside, wrapped her hands around him and cried her soul out. She let out all her suppressed pain out in that one cry.

He was shocked and confused by her immediate response. But as the time passed by, he realized that she needed this thing. She needed a soul by her side. She needed a shoulder to cry on. And moreover, she needed a stranger because she could not trust on the ones who were there in her life.

He hugged her back with a thought that maybe his disturbed soul will find some peace. And that really happened.

That night, the untold stories and the hidden pain brought them together. And that was the beginning of their little painful journey. But they lived every bits of it. 

How do we know? We had witnessed it all.

Media - Hero by Enrique Iglesias