「Chapter Fourteen - A Call」

Yang sat in her room, Zwei at her side. Her Aunt was in the room, tense. After the message by the unnamed stranger and the alarm, Thyra seemed anxious, and kept fidgeting, not speaking, and then her communicator rang, and Yang looked over in curiosity.

It then projected seven different faces. All looking at her with concern, some not looking at their communicator.

"Will you guys be here soon? They're getting closer and fast. There's so many I can't even count them," Thyra spoke, the anxiety laced in her voice. "Giada?"

"Lavulite is trying to get us here undetected, because your "eyes," said that he saw that there was an aerial attack."

"Pit?"

"We're not too far, we'll be reaching the dock soon. And with Thanh using his semblance, we're making lots of ground."

"More like water."

"Davin, this is why no one wants to listen to you."

"Rude."

"Blanchefleur? What about you?"

"We are heading to the city and meeting up with Glynda and Qrow."

"Pahana?"

"We're coming as fast as we can. We had a mission we were assigned to back home."

"It's fine. Tansy, where are you guys?"

"We're escorting citizens, but we'll be out in the field ASAP."

"Flaviu?"

"We'll be there in a few. We don't really have any advantages that can get us there any faster."

"It's fine, as long as you guys get here. Bacchus, where are you guys?"

"We're near the stadium, and we'll probably head to the city soon. When are you gonna give the signal?"

"When Ozpin gives me the okay. He is the most renown Headmaster in Vale, and while people may be wary of him, I trust him. He might make odd decisions every now and then, but I have my faith in him. See you soon." And with that quick farewell, Thyra ended the call, sighing to herself.

"Aunt Thyra, what are you going to do?" Yang mumbled, catching the attention of the woman.

"I'm going to protect this city. I've got intel telling me that White Fang members are coming. The package we collected during the mission, was something of mine, and something else of value," Thyra replied, running a hand through her hair, before returning to sharpening her axes. "Qrow and I requested your team and JNPR to get another taste of field work, because I discovered that your mission with a Huntsman didn't exactly... Go to plan. So we wanted to give you a different kind of mission. A collection mission."

"Why did we have to visit team ROSA?" Yang inquired, tilting her head.

"Because I trusted them with the package we needed to secure. ROSA had been some of my best friends, besides my own team. I trusted them with the package and Mudiwa's care. They were off the radar as Huntsmen, making it easier to keep them secluded," Thyra explained, before leaning against the desk, braiding her hair. "ROSA is apart of a secret movement some Huntsmen have formed. White Fang members will occasionally reach out to us if they want to escape. In exchange, they give us information. All information we get from our clients are kept in safe houses. One of the safe houses is the house which ROSA stays in. Then other Huntsmen will escort them out of the kingdom, and that brings me to the topic of why I'm at Beacon."

"Why?" Yang whispered, obviously shocked by the news. She then realized that this was the "business" that Qrow wanted her to abandon.

"One of my clients was killed. The kill was pretty clean. No witnesses, no fingerprints. But I've already got a hunch about who my killers are ever since your match," Thyra growled, as she stopped sharpening her blades. "It's disgusting what they did. I have people on the inside, and they weren't even assigned the assassination. They did it just for the fun of it."

"Oh my god," Yang gasped, obviously surprised.

"It's atrocious," the Huntress added, clenching her fish as she shut her eyes, trying to calm down. "If I see them again, I'll teach them a lesson."

"You're not going to kill them, right?" Yang whispered, feeling uneasy when she saw the indifferent expression on her Aunt's face, once Thyra's eyes opened. "You've never killed someone, right?"

The question remained unanswered, just as Yang's communicator buzzed. Thyra strapped her axes back onto her back. Looking out the window, waiting for Yang, who also got up, and the two ran out of the room, Zwei on their heels.

Thyra grabbed her axes, readying herself after hearing that Ruby isn't with her teammates. Feeling slight unease, she pressed a button on her communicator, voice monotone.

"Let's go, everyone. I've got some coming at me. Stay safe."

Her signature blue light pulsed off, and the two heard the growling of Grimm. Because she was distracted, Yang had gone quiet, but felt the rush of air as her Aunt sprinted past her, leaving a wake of corpses in her wake. Yang let out a sigh of relief, but then her breath hitched, seeing the deadly gleam in Thyra's eyes.

"I'm busy right now. I'll see you soon," Yang breathed, running behind her Aunt who worked through the Grimm with ease. "Aunt Thyra, what about Ruby?"

"I'm trusting her. Acacallis has a semblance of clairvoyance, and I told him beforehand that I wanted him to keep an eye on you and Ruby especially. He will tell me if something is wrong," Thyra spoke reassuringly, as the two sprinted through the hallways. "I have my trust in both of you. I know you can do well, but I'm here to protect you guys if anything happens. Don't worry a hair on your pretty head. She's going to be fine, but hey, on the bright side you'll get to meet some more old friends of mine."

"Under bad circumstances though," Yang sighed, earning a bark.

"But at least you get to see them in action. I'm sure you're tired of stories. Get ready to see it live." The Huntress grinned, before it dropped. She smashed the ends of her axes together, twisting them before she pressed a button which caused triggers to pop out, and she pulled the one that faced the Grimm, causing it to get blasted back, and the two continued through the black smoke.

Suddenly the two were standing in a forked hallway, and Yang's eyes widened feeling a hand cup her face. Her violet hues locked onto the blue ones of her Aunt. Her eyes fluttered close feeling soft lips on her forehead.

"I'm going to let you go on your own, and go find Ruby and your friends. I will continue to keep everything under control here as best as I can. Go," Thyra whispered, before she went down one of the hallways. Smiling to herself, Yang ran down the opposite hallway, before a gleam of determination sparked in her eye.

"Don't worry, Aunt Thyra. I've got this."