「Chapter Three - A Challenge」

"What are you guys talking about?" Nora cheerily asked. "Is it about your Aunt and Uncle?"

"How do you know that?" Yang's eyebrows raised, her eyes narrowing, as Nora rocked on her feet, an all too innocent look on her face.

"She was eavesdropping," Ren blatantly stated.

"Just sit around, and listen." Yang sighed, as she and the rest of the girls scooched over, allowing space for team JNPR.

"Is it really okay for us to hear this?" Jaune asked tentatively, biting his lip. "I don't want to-"

"Just listen," Blake hissed, earning strange stares from everyone else. Yang snorted, realizing that Blake was actually invested in the story.

"The next time he saw her fight, it had been during a supervised duel between Aunt Thyra and another student."

"Please welcome our next students, Shoshan Neferati of team ROSA, and Thyra Ulf of team PLTD," the supervising evaluator announced, earning cheers from the observing students.

Sitting in the crowd, Qrow watched with keen eyes as the two students walked onto the stage. Dressed in loose, mainly white clothing, Shoshan approached, sandals not making any noise against the floor. They had a spear in their hand, and a shield in the other. The shield had their symbol engraved into it. Thyra followed suit, axes in her hands.

As the countdown had reached its final second, there was a silence as none of the two made a move, and the audience didn't make a sound.

In a sudden flash, Shoshan charged, but the sound of metal screeching as it grounded together was blocked out by the sudden chatter of the audience. Thyra had brought up both her axes, stopping the move that Shoshan had tried to pull, before sending them away.

Shoshan then clicked a button, their spear transforming into a rifle. Thyra connected the two double-blades axes by the ends of their handles, twisting them to lock them into place and where they were connected pushed out slightly, making an axe-staff.

As Shoshan began to fire their gun, their opponent deflected the bullets with her staff. Thyra began to advance, as she deflected the bullets, causing Shoshan to become tense.

Shoshan froze briefly, as the striking blue eyes of the girl before them seemingly pierced through them. The advance was almost effortless, and the blank look on her face made her seem deadly.

Once she was near Shoshan, they quickly transformed their rifle back into a spear, and swung. It was almost in slow motion, as Thyra tilted her head back, avoiding the blow, and she rolled away, crouched down. Shoshan began to gain ground as they stepped forwards with a flurry of swings from their spear.

Qrow's eyebrows raised, watching Thyra get knocked back, her aura bar decreasing slightly. She seemed to snarl, as she stood back up, knees bent. She tightened her hold on her double-bladed axe-staff, eyes flashing.

"Oh, that's a little mean of her," Pina commented, leaning against the railing, which was a few rows in front of Qrow.

"It's a bit unfair, and slightly mean, but there are times when Thyra doesn't feel like messing around, and today seems to be one of those days. Poor Shoshan," Letta sighed, shaking her head, and crossing her arms.

Qrow's stare returned to the match, and he saw the girl's eyes glowing an electric blue, before it disappeared. A light pulsed from her body, briefly taking the form of a wolf, before it retracted back, her outline glowing.

In a blur, Thyra shot forward, and in a matter of seconds, Shoshan's weapon had been knocked out of their hand, and they had been pinned, one of the blades pointed at their neck.