Clubs and Coffe Shops

Authors Note:
Hey to anyone who reads this. My name is Raquel and my friend is Megan. We share this account so we hope you like our story we wrote it together. Okay enjoy :)

-

Maya's POV
"C'mon, Riles. You need to try new things. Your dad did say it's time to meet the world."

"I don't think he meant this way."

"Yeah, but look what I got," I tell Riley as I pull out two fake IDs.

"Oh my goodness, where did you get these?! Why do I care?! Ughh! Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope! Get those away from me!" She squeaks, putting her hands on the sides of her head.

"Don't you want to have legendary stories to tell your kids about when your older? The Adventures of Maya and Riley. That kind of has a nice ring to it." I snap out of it. "Anyways, please Riles! Please!"

"Okay, fine! But if something bad happens it's your fault!"

"Whatever floats your boat, Honey Bunches."

Riley and I have the best time getting ready, which makes sense because this part doesn't involve any law breaking. Riley chooses a red dress that is really not made for clubbing, but I know I can't tell her that or she'll freak out. She looks pretty, just a bit young. At least her ID is convincing.

I wear a blue dress that is a lot more club appropriate. Then I start doing my hair the way I know older girls do, all teased up and somehow flirtatious. I tell Riley to let me do her hair, and she agrees because she couldn't possibly understand how much hair matters. When we're all ready, I put on some high heels I took from my mom's closet. Riley already has high heels because she went to a big family party last summer, but she says she doesn't want to wear them.

"Ring power," I say.

We still use this, even though I always sort of think that it's kind of a destructive idea. For Riley it is, because she shrugs her shoulders in defeats. I hand her her ID, she gives me another defeated look, and we climb out her bedroom window, holding our heels until we're on the ground. Then we slip them on, and click down the street.

Riley is walking so close to me I can feel her body heat against me, and I try to send her good vibes while simultaneously navigating the street. The club is closer to my part of town, further from the eclectic people of Riley's neighbourhood. The further we get from Riley's house, the more I can hear her ankles shaking as she walks. It's going to be a long walk.

15 minutes later
Right as soon as we can hear the loud club music in the distance, Riley starts sweating and stuttering.

"M-Maya I don't th-th-think I can-"

"Relax, honey, I got this," I whisper in her ear.

The club slowly comes into view. When we get to the line, Riley starts shaking even more than before.

"You better get your act together or else we're going to get caught," I tell her.

As soon as I say that Riley straightens her posture and smiles at me. I smile back at her. I knew that would work! We get to the front of the line and show the man our IDs. He frowns at first but doesn't say anything and let's us in.

"I can't believe it actually worked!" Riley says a bit too loudly, her face relaxing.

"I'm feeling this adrenaline pumping through me! Maya I'm so cool! I can't wait to tell the guys about this!"

"Easy there tiger," I laugh.

Then I feel Riley grip my hand tight as we see everything at once. There are people everywhere, and the loudest music is playing. I've only been to a club one other time, but I didn't tell Riley and I know I can't. She looks scared, which is understandable yet not great.