The Confession

Beginne am Anfang

Angel pursed her lips. "What did you do?"

Cathy stared at her and then around them. She moved closer. "Can we talk in private?"

Angel felt her heart beating again. "No!" She said forcefully. "I'll call the police!" She grabbed her phone and held it in front of her, like a protective barrier.

Cathy held up her hands, her eyes wide. "Okay, there's no need for that," she said. "This is private."

Angel stared at her incredulously. "Murder is not private!" She said, heat rising to her face.

"Murder?" Cathy frowned again and dropped her hands. "I didn't murder anyone!"

Angel still held her phone up. "But you just confessed to murdering Dahlia."

Cathy's eyes grew wide and her hands went up. "Woah, I never said that! I confessed to having an affair with a guy while still with Brooklyn and then getting myself pregnant."

Angel dropped her phone and leaned forward. "Huh?"

Cathy stepped closer. "You thought I killed your best friend? Why would you think that!"

"Because you hated her!" Angel countered and Cathy shut her mouth. She wiped her face with her hand and looked at the elevator.

"Can we please go to my room? I promise I have nothing to do with what you're accusing. Besides, you have no evidence."

Angel bit her lip.

She's got a point, she thought.

She looked around and saw people still looking curiously and was thank full that nobody came closer to try and hear more of what was going on.

Angel nodded her head.

Cathy turned around, grabbed her shopping bags and waddled into the elevator, Angel following behind. There was silence as they went to the 3rd floor and they got out, walking down the hall to the last door, number 345, and Cathy unlocked it. Angel still felt fearful walking in and kept herself on alert. Cathy threw her bags on the couch and turned around.

"I did not kill Dahlia Fleming," she said, loud and clear, her face serious.

"Why did you hate her?" Angel asked, crossing her arms.

Cathy sighed and closed her eyes. "I hated her because of Matt," she said.

Angel couldn't quite understand. "What?"

Cathy sat down on the couch and buried her head in her knees. Angel moved closer. Cathy looked up, tears in her eyes. "She stole Matt van Dyk from me," she took a shaky breath. " I was so mad at her."

Angel just stared.

"And I heard she took drugs and my parents being Catholic, I grew up very religious like that, and hated her even more."

Angel looked at her like she just suggested that marrying a duck would solve world hunger. "Dahlia never did drugs."

Cathy looked up at her. "I heard Brad say that she was somehow involved with drugs."

"That can't be," Angel said, sitting down on the coffee table in front of Cathy. She didn't even know she knew Brad. "Dahlia would never do that."

"The point is," Cathy said. "I didn't like her, and since she passed away, I've felt bad."

"Why aren't you in France?" Angel asked, her jaw clenched.

Cathy looked down. "Like I said, my family is Catholic, so the fact that I went and got pregnant before I was married with Louis, would count as a terrible sin, so I wanted to hide it from my family." She sniffed and looked up. "And I couldn't face Brooklyn. I told him that I would be moving to France and can't see him anymore."

Angel stared and then looked away, wiping her face with her hands and pursing her lips.

Cathy looked at Angel. "Why do you think someone killed her?"

Angel got up and started walking to the door. "I'm sorry for the accusation," she said, her hand on the handle, avoiding the question, not wanting to get her involved. "And thanks for telling the truth."

Cathy jumped up. "Wait!" She exclaimed, her hands held out. "Please don't tell Brooklyn, please."

Angel stared at the tears in Cathy's eyes and nodded. "I won't, I promise."

Cathy gave a nod and a relieved half smile.

"Goodbye," Angel said and opened the door. She walked towards the elevator and punched in the number. As soon as she got out, she marched out of the apartment block, her hands in her hair. She felt like her head could burst.

One step closer, two steps back she thought.

At least she went up that one step, though.

💧💧💧💧💧💧

Hey readers! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Some things have been happening and she found out that Cathy indeed didn't kill Dahlia, but who did...?

You're going to have to wait and see!

Comment, vote and read on! :)
Kisses
Cat😽