After hours of travel, the ship finally slowed and with a soft thud, made contact with the ground. 

I was on The Resistance base. I had no proof but I was so sure of it. 

One side of the mesh cage was opened and a black metal sphere was shoved onto my head, giving me a bruise and a pounding headache. I was blinded and deafened by the spherical helmet. Two sets of hands violently grabbed me and yanked me out of the mesh cage. I walked with those hands that forcefully lead me until they shoved me violently. I stumbled across the floor and fell on a hard concrete ground. 

I stayed frozen and the helmet was yanked off. The empty feeling that had bewitched me on the ship was dissipating. I immediately took in my surroundings. 

It was a small metal room with concrete walls, floors, and ceiling. There was a rectangular indent in one wall and black bars criss-crossing each other over it, making it a cage. The bars buzzed and upon closer examination, I noticed the bars were powered by a purple electricity of sorts. I was trapped in this indent. There was a single wooden chair in the middle of the room that faced my cage. To my left was a set of stairs that I couldn't see up. 

The two figures that had taken me off the ship and deposited me in the cage departed right when I tried to get a good look at them. They'd briskly ascended the stairs, and suddenly I was alone. 

I was completely, horrifically, entirely alone. 

Except I wasn't. 

Something accompanied me for the first few hours of my imprisoning. Something, not someone.

It first happened, eh, maybe twenty minutes in. The silhouette of my mother in the hands of the murderous stormtrooper flashed in my head. Then it was gone. 

I was a little worried, but then I thought, Every now and then I think of her. That's perfectly normal. 

But then it happened again, this time ten minutes later. I could suddenly feel the plastic-yet-metallic grip of the stormtrooper's armored glove on both of my biceps -- the grip of the one who held me back. The one who forced me to watch my mother die. 

I swatted at my arms, suddenly panicked, and the imaginary grasp went away after a few seconds. I scooched against the wall so my back was to the cold concrete. I stared straight ahead, gently breathing out of my slightly agape lips. 

Now, what the hell was that? 

Just when I had begun to forget about it, another repulsive memory occurred again. I heard the sound of the gun that had shot her in the head. 

I vigorously gnawed on the inside of my cheek and tried to focus on the intricate diagonal bars that kept me separated from the rest of the room, but the excruciating sound replayed over and over in my mind. I began breathing harder and I was physically unable to calm myself down. 

The gunshot resounding in my head slowly faded into nothing and I was left in an unstable peace for only a short while. Then I broke completely.

My vision disappeared completely and I couldn't hear anything. I was brought back to the scene itself. The scene of my village's massacre. I could hear everything, see everything, and feel everything again. 

Every sickening memory of the extermination that I'd been working so diligently to forget was suddenly touching me, haunting me, encasing me, and I couldn't put an end to it. 

I watched as my mother got shot several times. Each time, the piercing stab of emotion in my heart was renewed and equally as painful as the last. I had to watch her being thoughtlessly murdered over and over again. I watched her limp body fall to the ground repeatedly. 

"Nira!" She began yelling. What? She didn't call to me when it happened, I thought confusedly, but she shouted again. "Nira!" She sounded distant, far-off. 

"Nira!" 

My eyelids shot open, my heartbeat incredibly quickened, and I sat up at the speed of light. I looked around. I wasn't at the scene of my mother's death -- I was still in the cage at The Resistance base. 

I looked around and quickly attempted to wipe the sheet of sweat that covered my face. It was an unsuccessful attempt, however -- my hands were shining with sweat, too. 

I looked up and saw an older woman. She wore a black vest, a white button-up, black pants, and brown combat boots. Her graying brown hair was pulled back in a flawless bun and her brown eyes serenely gazed into mine. I stared back at her with wide, fearful eyes. My lips were slightly parted, my hands were still trembling from my delusional dream, and I had no clue who this woman was. 

"Nira, are you awake?" She asked. Her voice was rough, aged, but in a way it was smooth, young, and adventurous. 

I looked up at her and didn't reply. My breathing patterns slowed to normal and my hands stopped their tremors. 

"My name is Leia Solo-Organa. You can call me General Organa. Welcome to The Resistance."

_____

 Author's Note

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I'm just letting you know so you don't stop reading due to boredom, NIRA WILL SEE KYLO REN AGAIN! So don't worry! The story is not even close to being over!

Question: Kylo Ren or Darth Vader? 

My answer would be . . . I have no clue. Darth Vader was obviously more powerful and cruel. He was more of a villainous villain. He was badass, sleek, powerful, and smart; therefore cool asf. But Kylo Ren is a little more human. I love his battle between The Dark Side and The Light. I love his unpredictable personality and how he's related to certain characters from older Star Wars. I also really like how he uses The Force in the movie. 

Okay, that's all! Bye :)