chapter 8

I blush, shoving my hands into my pockets as Cameron continues to laugh at me for taking him to the beach. He bends down, slapping his knee. The sun hitting his chocolate hair, his beautiful smile showing. His laughter sounds like music and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the whole entire world. He laughs for what seems like forever, until eventually the laughter stops, and all he's left with is a red face.
I raise my eyebrow at him.
"Done laughing at me yet?" He lets out a laugh and than closes his lips, holding it in. "Yes, sorry, I just expected something a little more magical." He says. "Ok well good."
I take off my shoes and put them in the car, he looks at me and does the same. I give him a small smile, grabbing a blanket out of the car.
"Let's go." I say to him, stepping onto the beach. The warm sand going in my toes and the sun beaming down on my hair.
"Do you have any hobbies?" He asks me curiously. I look up at him.
"Eh, not really, not even sure what I wanna specialize in yet. I like too think I sing a little bit tho, you?" I say back taking a sip of my drink and shrugging my shoulders.
He looks down at me and also shrugs his shoulder, biting down on his lower lip while he thinks.
"I sometimes play football." He says laughing. I crinkle my nose. I never liked sports. "Ew." I say at him. "What?" He asks. "Football in general is just, gross." He looks at me and squints his eyes. "You're gross." We both start to laugh as I put the blanket down. I place the bags down and he plops himself down, I do too.
The bagel smells amazing and I bite down into it. "This is sooo good." I say too him, putting my head back and looking at him. He nods. "I know that's why I got it for you." He says sarcastically. I let out a laugh. The ocean view is so pretty. The waves rolling in, wave after wave.
I feel a vibration in my back pocket and my phone ring starts to go off. Cameron hands me my phone, shrugging his shoulders as he hands it too me. I look down at the screen and my stomach drops. Nick. I hit decline then turn my phone off. He looks at me. "Are you ok?" I can see the emotion in his eyes. "Ya I'm fine." I give him a reassuring smile. The awkwardness kills me.
"How long have you and Madison been together?" I ask.
"Two years." He says. "Our anniversary is soon, but she'll be out of town." He gives me a smile.
"Oh" Is all I can manage to say to him. "Does she live off campus?" I ask and his face drops, then tries to perk up again.
"Ya about 20 minutes, it's hard, I'm always scared she's gonna be with another guy." He says looking up at me and scooting closer.
"Why is that?" I say looking into his eyes.
"I'm never around, I never have time, everyone lives so far away from me." He says bringing my face even closer to his, our lips barely touching.
"You have me." I say, getting closer, I can feel his breath on my skin. We stay their for a few seconds and he puts his hands on my face and his lips against mine.
____________________________________________________________
It's been a while.......
Like and comment and vote please! It would mean a lot!