Rainy Days Are Lazy Days

Rain hit hard on the pavement and sidewalks of New York City. It had never stopped since the night before. It was early in the morning as people scurried around trying to get to work.
Meanwhile a certain couple held each other, replaying their previous night of love making. Never falling asleep, only dozing off every now and then but waking up to make sure the other was still there. Stolen kisses seemed to be their favorite game to play.
Steve kissed and nipped at her neck and jaw, leaving love bites all over her skin as if he were marking territory.
Natasha took her hands and brought him into a lazy kiss. "I think we could use a break."
"I never get tired of you." He smiled before returning to suck on her sweet spot, causing her breath to hitch.
"Steve." Her voice was soft but stern. Letting him know that she wasn't joking.
"Okay, sorry." He stopped and laid himself beside her.
She laid her head on his shoulder and planted an innocent kiss on his chest while wrapping one arm around his bare torso. She felt comfortable in this moment, not wanting to let go. It was one of those mornings where you wake up completely rested but are still too perfectly comfortable that you don't want to move.
She brought herself into a toe curling stretch before closing her eyes. He moved a few strands of tousled hair from her face. He took a curl and repeatedly wrapped it around his index finger. He looked down at the owner of that curl. He thought about how he was so easily wrapped around her finger.
Last night was a perfect example. It seemed that even if she was the one to finally give in, she was always in control of the situation. She had him practically begging on his knees. He practically had to use sex to get her to come back. This made him feel sick, that he would stoop that low. But he didn't intentionally do it, he had missed her, he had missed touching her soft skin. He missed her warm body next to his. Most nights he had trouble sleeping because of her absence.
She looked so peaceful in her sleep, so innocent. He felt lucky to be one of the seldom few to see her like this. To see her in her natural state. Natasha Romanoff was a woman of many layers. Each one different than the last which was the soul reason as to why none but a few could figure her out. But when you peel back that last layer, you found in the middle of all her different personas, was more or less a little girl.
She wanted to be that little girl, he could tell. That little girl was brave, she was smart, she wasn't afraid to be herself, she wasn't afraid to love.
He found himself dozing off as he pulled her closer. Her intoxicating scent and the sound of heavy rain was the perfect lullaby for him to fall asleep to.

Natasha's POV
Feelings. People use them loosely. Wearing their hearts on their sleeve. Saying things that they feel in the moment. Never taking the time to consider the consequences that would follow.
But if you never let those feelings go then they sit there and ultimately become apart of you. Molding you, hardening, becoming a shell around you. But with the molding there's unresolved conflict and it sits there rising inside of you like heat if you're not careful, that mold can become fragile and will ultimately break you.
I'm a victim of this and I chose to think that I was impossible of repair.
I'm slowly starting to believe I was wrong.

I drew imaginary pictures against his skin. I could smell his natural scent and it was so much better than the cologne he wore. Of course I'm not protesting against it.
I love him.
My thoughts intruded as I reached up to fix his hair.
And I told him.
I told him. Holy shit I told him!
I slowly brought my hand back down to his chest.
And this time.
This time.
I meant it.
I smiled as I examined his sleeping features. His tousled  hair, his chest moving up and down as he breathed through his nose.
He chose- me.
The thought of that surprised me but now all I can do is grin from ear to ear thinking about it.
I became aware of the fact that I had laid in bed for this long without getting up. I decided to get up and take a shower.
It had been not even five minutes, I started to rinse and lather myself and then, "If you wanted to join you could've just asked." I didn't bother moving as a pair of large hands  snaked around me waist.
He brought his face around to kiss my cheek. "Sorry." He reached over to grab the shampoo. Next thing I remember was the feeling of cold gel and warm hands messaging my scalp.
I closed my eyes. "Well no reason to apologize for it." I mumbled. I probably should say something. About what happened that is. Its so hard to focus though. "I uh- we should..." I swallowed hard. He needs to stop.
"Yes?" I could practically hear the sheepish grin on his face.
"Can we just wash ourselves?" I had asked that question too late. After feeling his hands move down to my stomach, a cool feeling that was similar to that of that shampoo, but of course I knew it was soap. It made me wonder how quick he was to apply it, or maybe my brain was just going to mush.
"And what's the fun in that?" His hands seemed to be everywhere. Not that I mind of course....
To hell with it. We can just talk afterwords. I turn around and there was no doubt in my mind that his hands would land on my ass. "Someone is getting a little handsy." I give my signature smirk before I look up to see that once again, his eyes had turned from baby blue to a dark navy color. Navy. Hmmm. I wonder what he would look like dressed as a Marine....

I stood in front of the mirror and quickly brushed out the knots in my hair. Steve stood over by the shower, drying himself off. I looked at him through the reflection and he responded with a boyish grin. "If you think you're off the hook, you've gone down the wrong shoot hole buddy. We still have to talk."
His smiled faltered a little. "Okay." Was is bland but understanding response.
"Finish getting dressed. I'll be waiting in the kitchen." I opened the door and walked out. In only a minute, he came out, fully dressed. He sat in the seat across from mine.
"So. What's wrong?" His voice sounded funny. I didn't want him to think that I regret what just happened. Or what happened last night for that matter.
"Okay look, I don't regret anything. I don't regret what happened between us and I don't regret saying the things I said. I wanted it. I want this. And I do love you." I paused to take a swallow. My mouth felt dry. I reached over and placed a hand on one of his, tracing my finger back and forth on the back of it. "I want this. I want us. I want to make everything work."
"We can make it work." He said.
"I believe that. But you of all people should know that with decisions there is compromise. Which is what I've been trying to get at this whole time. I don't think I can go back to the team. I can't be an Avenger."
"Why?" I pulled my hand away trying to find an explanation.
"I just. I can't. Not right now anyway. Maybe never again. But if they know where I am or if I'm alive, they'll want me to come back and it will only make everything difficult. I'm still going to work for Fury, and only he and you will know. Can you please do this me?" I was begging him by now. "At least when I wasn't an avenger, I could pretend I was somewhat normal. And that's all I want. To be normal. To walk down the street without being recognized, to maybe one day retire from all of this when I've had my fill and live in a cute little apartment or my a farm house in the middle of nowhere." He laughed at that last remark.
"So are you just planning to disappear from their lives completely? Do you ever plan on seeing them again?"
"Eventually. But I need to wait until I know they will understand. But there is also the possibility that never is an option as well." I looked at him. "So I'm asking you. Are you willing to lie for me?"
"I think in any situation I'd probably kill for you if that's what it took to get you back." He gave me a half smile. I should probably tell him that it's never the things he does for that always has me coming back. It's just him.
But I like when he does this just for me so I think I'll keep quiet for now.
"So is that a yes?" I ask.
"Yes."
"Good. Now on another note... Have you ever wanted to join Navy?"

HEY GUYS!!! OH MY GLOB ITS BEEN SO LONG. I'M SO SORRY. I know a lot of you have been waiting for this and I hope it was worth the wait.
I love you all so much❤️💕
Please vote☺️