Belle of The... Dinner Party

Steve's POV
"Hey Cap." Tony popped his head through the door. "Red said she wasn't going to be able to pick you up so I'm taking you guys back to my place. But first, we're going to get you and metal arm here some tuxes."
"Why?"
"Because, in honor of your return." He gestured to Bucky. "Plus Clint's wife and kiddos are in town, I've decided to throw a dinner party."
Bucky looked me. "Who's Clint?"
"Don't worry about that my man. You'll get to meet everyone soon enough." Tony answered. "Now get dressed."
----------------------------------------

We spent the rest of the day at Stark Towers helping Pepper and a few others decorate. We had just finished off the Dining hall and I must say, we did a pretty good job.
We also created space for a small but elegant area on the party deck and lounge room for dancing.
"Guys you have no idea how much help you've been. Thank you." Pepper let out a sigh of relief. "Okay now--"
Her phone vibrated and she opened it. At first she had the look of shock but that soon vanished when she started grinning from ear to ear.
"Something good I'm guessing?" I asked.
"What? Oh yes!" She looked up from her phone.
"What is it?" I stepped closer to look but she put her phone back in her pocket.
"Oh it's nothing important. Look, we're all done here so I'm going to get dressed and I suggest you guys do the same."
"Okay." We started to walk back up to our rooms when I remembered something. I can't dance. I mean I could, sorta, but not really. "Hey Buck, I'll catch up with you."
I ran back to find Pepper. "Pepper, wait!" She turned around. "I need your help."

Wanda's POV
Fury had brought me down to the one they call Peggy Carter. "Sir, I don't understand. I thought we planned to wait to act upon this."
"Ms. Maximoff, I realize what I said but we need this done now. Peggy Carter could be a very valuable piece in our game. There's a possibility that she could answer so many questions that haven't been able to be answered until now. I need her to bring back together Shield. In more ways than one." He seemed to be hiding something. I could tell there was more to the story than he was leading on.
"But Sir-"
"Please Ms. Maximoff. I'm counting on you." I wasn't sure what to do but whatever it was must be in our best interest. Right?
"Okay. But won't she want to see Steve?" I asked.
"That's what I'm counting on."

Steve's POV
"No no no. It's right step forward! You have it all backwards. If you do it that way you'll crush her feet." Pepper was trying to help me dance and let's just say she had little hope left.
"I'm sorry I just don't think it's possible to help me." The words I spoke were mostly true in my perspective.
"Steve listen to me, you can do this. I know you can because when you dance with her, it's not going to matter. Everything will come into place and you'll feel like you've danced for years."
I let out a heavy sigh. "I hope you're right."
Someone called for Pepper. "Okay I'm sorry but I have to go finish up. You'll do fine."
I walked up to Bucky's new room. I walked in and saw mostly an empty room with bare gray walls and only two small boxes on the bed. Bucky came out of the bathroom wearing a plain black tux but he hadn't tied his bow tie.
"You clean up nice." I smiled sheepishly.
"Yeah, yeah. At least I cleaned up." He gestured to my casual attire. "You better get dressed."
"I will, just came to check on how you were settling in." I explained walking over to one of the boxes and fumbling absentmindedly through it.
"I'm okay. Just gotta get used to everything I guess." He started attempting to put his bow tie on. "Hey, random question."
"Okay shoot."
"Do you uh- do you think maybe that uh- that Wanda girl will be here tonight?" He became flustered. "You know, just asking."
"I would assume." I raised an eyebrow. "Buck remember what I told you." I came up behind him and gave him a stern look through the mirror. "Wanda is a sweet girl. I just don't want you to hurt her."
"I know, I know. I just-" he became agitated with his tie and threw it down. "Forget it! Black tie is optional anyway."
There was a knock on his door and Tony popped in. "It's starting. Woah! You need to get ready! Little red is gonna be here in like two minutes."
"Okay I'm going! See you guys down there." I walked back to our room and got changed. Before I finished I looked in the mirror and breathed. I was going to tell her, after all, she deserves to know. I had to tell her I chose her.
I was ten minutes late. I couldn't really tell if Natasha was here or not until I saw the back of a read head in the middle of the room. I was making my way through the people when I tripped over my own feet. I fell flat on my face, as I brought myself together I realized a woman was standing in front of me. "Oh I'm so sorry ma'am. That was-" I looked up shocked. "Natasha?"
She gave me smile that partially showed her pearly whites. "Hey soldier."
I stood up blushing. "You look- you-you uh- you look uh"
"Spit it out Rogers! She looks f*cking gorgeous." Tony blurted out and everyone laughed.
My face turned beet red but I still held a smile for her. "He's right, you do."
"Thank you." Her voice sounded sweet. I still couldn't believe it was her, she was so beautiful. She was different but a good different. She seemed gentle. She had a glow about her that made her seem happy and I believed she was. "You don't look too bad yourself." What was I doing just standing there like an idiot? I should've kissed her the moment I saw her.
"Okay everyone, if you'll please take your seats at the table then we'll begin." Pepper announced.

Natasha's POV
We all took our seats, I sat between Steve and Laura and Bucky sat opposite of Steve beside Pepper, who was opposite of me, and Sam, who was opposite of Maria. Tony sat at the head of the table.
Tony stood up and held his glass. "To friends, old and new, and to those we never knew existed. Isn't that right Laura?" He grinned at her.
"You know it." She replied as everyone tapped their glasses.
The courses went by faster than I expected. We were in the middle of dessert when Laura got up to check on her kids who were at a kids table but she went up to their guest room to get Nathaniel. Here come all the giddy women dying to hold him, but I get first dibs.
She came back with baby in hand. Every woman fawned over him. After she finished feeding him his bottled juice, she let me hold him while she finished her dessert. I sat there and played with him, causing him to laugh a couple times. He eventually got bored so I turned him around to look at everyone. His eyes grew wide as he saw all the bright colors. I watched as he looked down at the bright white table cloth, he put his hand on it feeling the fabric before banging on the table and laughing. I grinned from ear to ear and kissed the top of his head. I felt a pair of eyes on me so I turned in that direction. I found Steve just looking back and forth from me to Nathaniel. I knew what he was thinking but to be truthful, as much as that should be a wonderful subject to talk about I really didn't feel like thinking about that. I was enjoying myself too much to be upset. I gave him a soft smile and grabbed his hand and squeezed it for reassurance. Nathaniel grabbed ahold of my dress and was pulling the fabric. I didn't seemed to mind but apparently Laura did.
"Nope! Sorry buddy. Not the dress." She scooped him up out of my lap.
I looked around and saw that the majority of the table was clearing to go to the dance floor. I decided I should do the same but I wasn't going alone. I stood up and straightened out my dress. I went up and whispered in Steve's ear. "Dance with me." He looked a little hesitant but finally stood up. We made it to the lounge room which they had apparently turned into a space for a dance floor. A light song was playing in the back ground by the band that was hired.
I turned and looked at Steve. "C'mon." I knew he couldn't dance but I didn't want to dance with anyone if it wasn't him. So I was willing to look like a fool, or someone dancing with a fool. I pulled him to me and wrapped my arms around his neck. He put his hands on my waist, he was stiff but I guess for now it would do. "So." I started. "How was your little reunion with Bucky." I looked up to me his eyes.
"It was a interesting one." He chuckled. He wasn't doing as bad as I expected.
"What I want to know is what happened after I left."
"Oh he was a little pissed." He smiled at me. "I hadn't exactly told him about you."
"Rude!" I acted hurt. "And besides I would've thought you'd be the one that was pissed. I mean, he flirted with me. Unless that doesn't bother you if men flirt with me." I cocked and eyebrow.
He scoffed out a laugh. "I didn't say that." I laughed at his response and laid my head on his chest. One of my hands slid down slightly. "It's just Bucky's Bucky. He's always been the ladies man so watching him fail was fun. Plus he flirts with everyone."
"Oh, I see." The moment was now more intimate. I could hear his heart beat though his chest as my fingers rubbed across the outline of his lapel.
"Natasha?" He said nervously. His scent was intoxicating.
"Yes?" I mumbled.
"Well I need to tell you something. Natasha you know I love you." I smiled lazily as I felt his heart beat faster.
"Yes."
"Well last night you asked me something. But I wasn't sure what the answer was." He breathed heavy. "Natasha Romanoff, I choose... Peggy?" My heart just shattered. Why would he do this to me!? This wasn't what was supposed to happen.
I pulled away from him. "What?!"
He had a look on his face that showed that he had realized his mistake. "Wait! No! That's not what I meant! Look."
When I turned around, my blood turned cold. Standing in the entrance was Fury with two women on each arm. On his left was Wanda, she looked so beautiful. On the other, was Peggy looking elegant as ever.
"That son of a bitch."