Quality Time

Natasha's POV
I stepped up to my car and stuck my head through the window. "Two things. One, get your ass out of that seat. I did not give you permission to drive Lucy. Two, did you really just reference Mean Girls?"
"Three things. One, I'm not going anywhere. Two,I can't believe you named your car. Three, did you really just recognized a reference from Mean Girls?"
I stood in defeat. "Touché." I crossed my arms. "What are you doing here anyway?"
"We haven't talked in forever. I assumed you've forgot about me so we're going to spend some quality time together. Now get in, I'm driving."
I walked around and opened the passenger side. "Fine but please be careful. She's... sensitive."
He looked at me with disgust. "You and Coulson have a problem with getting too attached with your cars."
"Just shut up and drive."
--------------------
I can't believe him. "The mall?! This is where you want to spend "quality" time?"
"Yep." He turned to me with a devilish grin. "We're gonna fix you up." He got out of the car and came over to my side and opened the door.
"What? No! I don't need to be dolled up." I protested.
"Look, I respect your opinion, but right now you need help. And if you want to keep your man, you might want to make a little bit of an effort."
"Excuse me! But I think I know how to keep a man."
"Really? Because you look like a depressed piece of shit who could care less about keeping her man. Now I know that's not how you really feel. I know you love Steve and it's so obvious that he loves you."
"Look I can figure th..." I was about to say figure this out on my own but he continued yelling.
"Listen to me! I know you're trying to put up the act that it doesn't scare you that you might lose him to someone else but it's not working. But these past couple days I've seen something. You are scared, and afraid and it's okay to be but not like this. This is not the Nat I know! The Nat I know doesn't get scared when something gets in the way of what she wants. The Nat I know fights back and gets what she wants! So get out of the damn car and fight!" He was right, I needed to fight. I already told myself that nothing was going to keep me from being happy and I actually needed to do something about it. I stepped out of my the car.
"You're right."
He shut the door behind me. "Good. Let's go."
Clint was the only person that could talk to me like that, mostly because he called me out and was usually right. Doesn't mean he wasn't going to pay. "Wait." He turned back around and I right crossed him in the jaw. "That's for calling me a depressed piece of shit. Now let's go." I walked passed him.

We got up to the front of the mall and I saw Laura and the kids sitting on a bench. "Laura?"
"Hey!" She got up from the bench with the kids followed behind her and Nathaniel in her arms.
"What are you guys doing here?"
"Did you think Clint was going to do this on his own?" She started laughing and looked back at Clint who was holding his jaw. "Clint! I told you not to yell at her. I told you she was going to do that." She scolded.
"What ever. Let's just go."
We walked inside and Laura handed Nathaniel to Clint. "Okay first things first. Clothes."
"Wait can I ask what this is exactly for."
Clint turned to me. "This is the kids first time here and Laura's first time in a long time, plus Bucky is back so we convinced Tony to throw a dinner party to "celebrate" as he calls it."
"Wait so you did all this. For me?"
"Yeah. Anything to see my little sis happy." I was taken aback at how much Clint cared for me.
I just stood there for a moment before I pulled him into a hug. "Thank you." A tear fell onto my cheek.
We finished our hug and he said. "Stop crying. It makes your eyes puffy."
"Clint!" Laura warned.
"It's okay. Let's just get started."
We went to a couple shops, tried on some outfits but nothing really caught my eye.
I know the boys were bored out of their mind but us girls were really having fun. I thought I was going to hate this but I was having a really good time.
"Clint if you want, you can go do something with the boys." Laura suggested.
"No no. We're fine, it's nice to just sit back and watch you girls have fun."
"But dad." His oldest wined. "They said we could leave."
"We're staying here." He ordered. "You could learn something from this."
"Hey, Nat what about this one. It looks adorable." Laura handed me a dress that was black with light pink lace that covered it and had a large ribbon around the waist. It really was cute but I wasn't sure if I liked it for me. Still, I was going to try it on for her. "Okay, I'll try it."
"I'm gonna take the kids to get a snack. Do you guys want anything?" Clint asked handing Nathaniel back to Laura.
"No." We said in unison.
"Okay, I'll be back soon."

Clint's POV
We walked down the mall until we found a snack bar. "Okay guys, what do you want?"
"Can I have a pretzel?"
"I want those!"
"Wait can I this instead?"
"Daddy please?!"
"Can I have both?"
They were driving me insane with all the begging. "Hold on. Wait just a minute. Yes, you can have those, sweetie and no you have to choose."
"Fine, I want the pretzel."
"Okay, I need two pretzels and a pack of gummy worms." I handed the man my card and he gave me the gummy worms and wrapped up the pretzels.
"Here's your card. Have a nice day."
"You too." We walked back down the path we had came from.
When we made it back to the shop. "Okay, I'll be right back, you can't bring food in so sit right here."
"Okay."
I walked back in and made my way through racks and dresses until. "Nat. You look-"
"Shh. I think she already knows. She's been standing there ever since she came out." Laura whispered.

Natasha's POV
I just stood there. Staring. I couldn't believe it was me that was in the reflection.
"I- I look. I look-" I couldn't get the words out of my mouth.
I saw Laura's reflection come up behind me. "Say it." She whispered.
"I look... like.. a girl. I mean I don't but I do." I still stood shocked.
"You look like a lady." She said with a smile. "And you look beautiful."
I gave her a weak smile.
This couldn't possibly be me. For the first time I really and honest to God liked who I saw in the mirror. I didn't see a little girl who had grown up too fast or even a woman with too many sins too count. For the moment, there was no red on my ledger. For the first time I was beautiful and no one had to tell me. I felt... pretty. Something I've never genuinely felt.
"Oh my god. Sweetie! You are just the cutest thing!" I turned around to find a sharp suited man looking up at me.
"Thank you."
"Oh no honey. Thank you! Never have I ever seen someone look so beautiful in one of my originals before." He stepped up on the platform. "I mean, just look at the way your porcelain skin contrast with the black but fades elegantly with the posh pink." He gasped. "Don't even get me started on that hair! Do you dye it?"
"Um no."
"Well all I got to say is that you've been blessed." So I've been told. "So what's the occasion?"
"We're just having a dinner party tonight. Nothing special."
"Oh please. Quit pulling my leg. Who's the guy?" He nudged me. He looked back at Laura "He's a hunk isn't he?"
She nodded her head. "You have no idea."
"Hey! Your husband is standing right here." Clint pointed out.
"Oh you're right, I'm sorry. Hey, husband. Where's my kids?" Clint's eyes widened as he ran out of the store.
Laura turned back to me. "So are you going to get it?"
"I guess so." I mumbled.
"Fan-tastic!" The man shouted. "But you know what? It needs something." He gasped. "I got it! Sweetie, I don't normally do this for people but I like you. C'mon! I'm going to help you. You are not going to leave without looking drop dead gorgeous. I mean besides your natural state."
He pulled my arm but I didn't move. "Wait can you do Laura too?"
"Of course! Now c'mon, we've got no time to waste."