Explanations

It had been 2 days since the incident. I did a lot more damage than I thought. He ended up having two broken ribs, a fractured collarbone, a broken jaw, his face was busted up pretty bad with a busted lip and broke nose.
How could I let this happen? I couldn't stop blaming myself, even though Bruce told me not to. I told Fury that Steve was dropping out of the mission and that he would have to find me another partner.
Sam volunteered, turns out he was a good dancer.
It was almost a week until the mission and I wasn't going to go until Steve woke up. Of course he should be healing tremendously by now so I wouldn't be surprised if he woke up right now.
I sat in the chair next to his hospital bed. I was exhausted and needed rest, I tried sleeping but every time I shut my eyes I would have nightmares.
"Hey Nat, how is he?" I looked up and saw Clint standing in the doorway.
"The same." I shrugged my shoulders. He came over and sat next to me. "Quit stressing, you know he's gonna be fine, he's been through worse."
"That's not what I'm stressed about, Clint. It's Natalia." I said sternly.
His eyes widened in shock. "She's back?" He asked.
"Yeah but the thing is I don't know why." I whispered.
"Well there must be some explanation. Look,I'm going to get some coffee, do you want to come?" He held out his hand for me to take it. Sometimes he was really annoying and other times, he was my sweet best friend.
I took his hand and he led me to the workroom. The coffee was nasty but I needed it. For a minute or two we drank in silence. Until he spoke. "So, how did it happen?" He asked.
I sighed knowing that he would ask until I answered. "I was standing in the kitchen and something broke. I went into shock and blacked out. Next thing I knew, I was holding a knife about to stab myself."
"Wait why yourself?" Oh crap I should've left that part out. What do I say now?
"I guess she was trying to kill me but didn't realize that she would be killing herself." I hope he bought that. He looked at me with suspicion contemplating the information.
"I guess you could be right. It just seems weird." I sigh uneasily and try relaxing. Something felt funny, I felt like throwing up but suddenly got very hot. My feet were cold and I felt light headed. "Hey, I'll be right." I got up without bothering to see if he would say something. I tried rushing to the nearest bathroom but had to slow down because I got dizzy. My vision started to blur. Between the blurs I saw someone walking down the hall. It looked like Maria but I wasn't sure.
"Hey Nat! Whoa, you don't look so good, are you okay?" She came up to me looking concerned.
"Yeah... I'm.. Fine. I just... I just-" I suddenly couldn't stand and would've fell to the floor if Maria hadn't have caught me.
"Natasha!" She said trying to lift me back on my feet. She propped me up against the wall.
"Bathroom." Was all I managed to get out.
"Okay, just hold onto me. Just a few more steps." She was practically having to drag me. She opened the door to the bathroom and it showed to be a single person's which was good because I didn't want anyone to come in.
She laid me down in the floor against the wall. "Natasha I need you to stay with me." Through the blurry vision I could see her wetting her hands. She crouched down next to me and put her hands to my face. They felt like ice pressed to my skin and gave me a since of relief.
Just then someone walked through the door. Maria, seriously! Who doesn't lock the bathroom door.
From what seemed to be long blonde hair and a curtain figure I'm guessing it was Sharon. She just stood there for a moment.
"What's wrong with you? Shut the door." Maria snapped.
Sharon did as she told. "What's wrong with her?" Sharon asked sounding as if she genuinely cared about me. It was weird coming from her. But still brought a warm feeling to my heart.
"I'm not sure, you stay here and make sure she doesn't pass out, I'll go get doctor Banner."
"No, stop. He.. He can't know... Before Steve." I felt the world began to collapse. I finally closed my eyes and found peace.

---------------------------
I woke up in a hospital bed with IVs sticking out of my arms. No one was in the room it was just me. I guess this means Maria told Bruce after all. Should've known better than to trust her.
I heard the door open, I turned to see who it was and saw Pepper walking in. She noticed I was awake and rushed over. "Hey. How are you feeling?"
"I'm breathing. How long have I been in here?" I asked.
"Two days." She let out a sigh.
"So, I'm guessing Bruce knows about the baby." I look at her as if I already knew the answer. She smiles to herself before answering.
"Yeah, but don't worry he didn't tell Steve. Steve wants to beat it out of him but knows that's probably not the best idea."
"Wait Steve's awake?" I sat straight up in my bed.
"Yeah he woke up yesterday and the reason you passed out was because you didn't eat that much over the two days Steve was in the hospital. You need to keep up your strength not only for you but for the growing child inside of you. And you need to tell Steve and I mean today." Her eyes focused on me and her tone was now serious.
"You're right, can you bring him in?"
She nodded her head and left. Seconds later, she came back in with Steve trailing behind her.
"Oh my God, Steve are you okay?" I looked up at him in worry as the words slipped out of my mouth.
He came over and wrapped his arms around me. "Me what about you? What happened nobody's telling me anything."
"Yeah, listen we need to talk." I looked at him then to Pepper. "Can you give us a minute and stand at the door so no one comes in?" She nodded then left the room.
"Nat, what's going on? Is everything okay?" He took my hand in his and held it tight.
I smiled and said, "Everything is fine, it's better than fine, it's wonderful."
"Then why won't they tell me?" I could tell he was growing impatient.
"Okay, I'll start with the smaller news. I attacked you. But it wasn't really me it was this other part of me, an alter ego if you will. I usually try to keep her pushed back in my mind, but I went into shock all of a sudden and it wasn't me anymore. She somehow found a way out. She tried to kill you to teach me a lesson. And then..." I paused trying to prepare myself.
"Then what?" He leaned in closer.
"Then she tried to stab me so she could.. So she could..."
"So she could what!?" His grip tightened on my hand.
"So she could kill the baby!" There I let it out and it felt like the weight had been lifted off my shoulders.
His grip loosened and he stepped back.
"What?" I could tell he was surprised but in a good way. I think.
"I'm pregnant and it's yours." I breathed.
"You mean that, that I, that we, that you?"
"Yeah." I swallowed. "Are you upset?"
My question seem to bring him out of his trance. "What? Of course not." He moved back next to me. "Why would this upset me?"
I shrugged my shoulders "I don't know, because I didn't tell you right away."
"You told me when you were ready and I'm glad you told me first." He smiled as he leaned in to kiss me. Oh boy this is going to be hard to explain. Whether I felt it was necessary or not. I couldn't hide anymore secrets.
"About that. You're not the first person to know."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, Pepper knows and Maria." I now waited for the worst.
"But why?" He moved slightly away from me.
"Steve, you don't understand, I didn't just tell them they found out."
"How long have you been pregnant?" He asked ignoring me.
"About a month or so."
"And how long have you known?"
"About two weeks."
"How long have they known?"
"They found out a week ago."
"So they've known for a week and you still never told me? When did you plan on telling me?"
"I don't know! Please just listen to me, you're being unreasonable!"
"No I'm just hurt that you wouldn't trust me enough to tell me about my own child." The words came out coldly and cut me deep. "Does anyone else know that I should know about?"
"Bruce does but I didn't want to tell him until I told you but then I collapsed and Maria told him."
He stood there emotionless, he breathed out heavily and started towards the door.
"Where are you going?" I asked as tears formed in my eyes.
"I just need to let off some steam." He open the door and Pepper turned around and smiled at him.
"Congratulations." She said sweetly.
"Yeah thanks." He mumbled before walking past her.

Steve's POV
I couldn't believe that she didn't tell me. How could she not trust me?
I walked down the halls trying to find my way out. I needed my bike but I was going to have to settle for a walk for now. As I walked up to the elevator I heard someone call for me. I turned around and saw Sharon rushing to me.
"Sharon, what are you doing here?" I asked pushing the elevator button.
"Fury assigned me and a few other agents to watch you guys and make sure you're safe." She replied.
"Oh, well what do you want." I didn't mean to sound rude but I wasn't in the mood to talk.
"Don't be so upset with Natasha, she honestly wanted to tell you first."
"Wait, you know too?" I was infuriated now.
"Yeah, but-"
"That's it!" I cut her off. At that time the doors opened and I stepped in.
"Steve wait!" She held the doors open.
"Since when did you two become such good friends? I thought you hated her and vice versa." I reached to pushed the button.
"We aren't but we talked and we're working on tolerating each other." She stated. She let go of the door and it started to close.
"Goodbye, Sharon." I said as the doors closed.