A Bout of Blood! Uub's Attempt at Peace.

Several of the fights had already been decided, all of them not even close to the intensity that was about to take place.

"You're going to be fine Xander," Pan says in an effort to reassure her son. "Honestly, Goten isn't that big of a threat to someone who's been training as hard as you have been!" Pan says with a smile. "HEY, I'm standing right here you know!" Goten whines at his niece. "Come on uncle Goten, I don't think you need me to tell you to try your hardest." Pan said with a wink and thumbs up. "I guess you're right, thanks Pan." Goten tells his niece. Trunks then walks over to the group, "I couldn't find that other guy, it's almost like he's avoiding us." "Or he wised up and ran off before he could fight me." Kira said bitterly. She leaned on the doorway leading to the arena, her angry glare able to burn holes in concrete. "Kira we don't even know this guy, what if he's actually telling the truth?" Uub tried to reason with his daughter.

"I'll believe it when I see it." And with that Kira went quiet.

*1 hour and six fights later*

It was finally time for Xander to take on Goten to advance to the next round, the lack of contestants in the tournament made for a short time before this fight. "Let's go out and give them what they came here to see!" Goten said enthusiastically, contradicting his great nephew's nervous demeanor. The two walked out of the fighter's house and into the arena, the cries of adoration urging them on. Xander stood in amazement at just how big the stadium looked.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I HOPE YOU'RE PREPARED BECAUSE NOW IS THE FIGHT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! SON XANDER, THE GREAT GRANDSON OF SON GOKU, WILL NOW FIGHT HIS UNCLE GOTEN, THE DIRECT SON OF GOKU! FIGHTERS, TAKE YOUR POSITIONS," and when the announcer said that Goten immediately took his famous fighting stance, the one taught to him by the turtle hermit himself before he finally passed. Xander gulped nervously but readied himself in the stance his father taught him. "Keep on his blind side, her can't hit what he can't reach." Xander recited in his mind.

Silence...

"BEGIN!" came the final call as the gong sounded. Goten smirked and rushed his nephew, hoping to get a couple blows on him before he realizes what happened. Xander saw Goten disappear and instinctively leaped out of the way, narrowly missing his uncle's attack. Goten was quick to follow and began throwing quick punches at his nephew, who was at first trying to block them to tire out his adversary. Seeing that punches weren't doing that great, Goten then decided to switch tactics. He dropped and swept out Xander's feet, causing him to fall on his face. Xander recovered his wits quickly though and leapt straight into the air. Goten leapt after him though and they conducted their battle in midair.

Raiyo looked on at the battle in shock, "These are the kind of people that I have to face, what kind of messed up tournament is this?!?" Raiyo was freaking out inside his head when a sudden tap on his shoulder removed his attention from the battle. Seida stood there with a slightly worried expression which caused Raiyo to panic. "Most of the other fighters left once the fight started. The only ones who didn't leave are you and some guy in a chicken costume that's currently crying and rocking back and forth in a corner." She gestured over to the chicken man who was clearly having a mental breakdown. "I don't know whether I should feel sorry or join him, it's not like he's completely crazy for breaking down at what's going on down there!" Raiyo said and pointed out in the arena.

Xander sent an elbow jab at his uncle's face, but was caught by the older fighter only centimeters away from his face. They exchanged a couple fast paced punches before breaking apart from each other. They descended to the ground, both breathing heavily. "I must say I'm impressed with how far you've come in your training," Goten said as he wiped a trickle of blood from his mouth. "You've definitely improved in your skill and maintaining your power output. Want to try it again?" Goten asked expectantly. Xander went wide eyed, he knew what Goten was talking about but he didn't think he'd ask in the middle of their fight. "Right...now?" Xander stammered at his uncle. "Yeah, why not?" Goten asked said in his usual goofy manner.