Prologue

*10 years ago; Age 790*

Goku had finally done it.

With the power of the spirit bomb, feuled by energy collected from the entire universe, he had finally put an end to the terror that was Omega Shenron. This fight, without question, was the most difficult battle that the man had ever undertaken. Every muscle..no, every nerve felt fried after that fight, something that Goku hadn't felt in quite a long time.

He didn't even have time to admire what he had done before he fell and collapsed to the ground in exhaustion, the power slowly draining from him. "Grandpa!" A young Pan cried out once the dust cleared from around Goku. She, along with the remaining Z-Fighters and Bulma, her grandma Chichi, her mother Videl and other grandfather, Mr. Satan, rushed to Goku's side. "Grandpa, please wake up. We won..so please get up!" Pan was on the verge of tears.

Then she heard a noise, a low rumbling sound, followed instantly by a bright light. "Hey, look what's happening to the dragon balls!" She gasps, pointing to the seven mystical wish granting orbs. Then, without warning, a blast of light shot out of them, revealing the eternal dragon, restored to his former majesty.

"Wait..what, why is Shenron here? We didn't summon him!" Bulma asked franticly, scared what the unexpected arrival of the dragon meant. "Arise, Goku!" Shenron boomed, as his eyes gave off that menacing red glow whenever he was granting a wish. When everyone looked back down Goku was sitting up and blinking, not a single scratch on him, looking more confused than anything at that moment. The Saiyan man turned child then looks up at Shenron, a smile beaming on his face. "Hey, you're back Shenron! I guess that means I defeated the Shadow dragons, huh?" He asked happily.

"Yes, but do you understand why the Shadow Dragons existed in the first place?" The Eternal Dragon questions the young boy. At this, Goku gave a chuckle, like he expected this question to be asked. "I guess I do." He answers, but still sounded slightly unsure. In truth, Goku hadn't been thinking about any of this too hard. He just knew that he needed to stop The Shadow Dragons, that was his entire motivation.

"The shadow dragons were a product of the over use of the dragon balls. One last wish was what it took to crack the orbs, releasing all the negative energy from the years of wish granting," Shenron explained. "And now, to completely purify the balls, I must separate myself from them and take them away from the earth for a long time." Shenron proclaimed, leaving everyone besides Goku in shock.

In fact, Goku seemed rather content with this decision...

"I understand, but if you wouldn't mind listening to one last little request..for old times sake?" Goku asks, looking up at the dragon with a bold smile.

"One last wish..." The Eternal Dragon states rather impatiently.

"Shenron, when the gates of Hell were opened, we tried to fix everything with the dragon balls, but then they cracked and the people of earth had no time to recover before the Shadow Dragons came. My wish is that you give them all a second chance at life, can you do that?" Goku asked with a sincere smile but everybody looked at him incredulously. "This, your final wish, is granted!" Shenron boomed as his eyes once again, and for what was seemingly the last time, shone with that powerful red light.

Just like that, all around the earth, the people that were once deceased slowly opened their eyes and moved their limbs, trying to determine if they were dreaming or not.

"The time has come, I must leave now." Shenron told the group with finality. "You mean it, you're leaving us for good now?" Goku asked, the smile never leaving his face. Shenron lowered his face to look the saiyan in the eyes. "Are you coming along, Goku?" Shenron asked expectantly. Goku chuckled, "Should have known it would end this way." He said before hopping onto the head of the eternal dragon. Vegeta ran up to him, "Wait, Kakkarot, where are you going?" He asked before something clicked on his mind. "You're going to train, alone!" Vegeta grimaced, sounding slightly angry.