"Everything that's happened and will happen is too dangerous for you" My foot that was pressed down on the pedal relaxed and our bumper car stopped. I didn't feel relaxed though, I felt tensed up. Obviously my hands tensed since I soon realised I was clenching the wheel.

"I know" She whispered as she looked back at me. Tears fell from her eyes and kept spilling out. I took a hand off the wheel and wiped the tears off her face. My hand lingered there as I leaned in. She took in a sharp breath and I kissed her cheek, sort of like a fair well, although our talk wasn't over.

I leaned back. "But the only way you're going to be safe is-" She cut me off. Her eyes were tinged red.

"If we break up" Avery finished in a low voice. Yeah, she was definitely thinking what I was thinking.

"Yeah" I nodded. My jaw clenched because I didn't want to break up with her. I wanted her in my life.

"We're over aren't we?" She asked. I slightly flinched at her words, those words spoken in her voice would haunt me forever.

"I'm sorry but it's the only way" I stopped. "If every person knows we're together and want to kill me, finds out we not together, they won't go after you anymore, they'll just go after me" It was true. When I had a relationship with Kelly nothing happened to her. When I was with Jean, things would've happened if we were in the same situation because I did love her. But this was Avery and I was going to protect her, something I failed to do with Jean.

She shook her head. "Austin, I don't want you to get hurt" She put a hand on my cheek and I immediately felt the warmth transfer onto my skin. I could've said that I would be in the similar sort of trouble but for a different situation if she weren't in my life, but she didn't need to know that. Just like she didn't know a lot of the things I did. Which is another reason why I should break up with her, I don't tell people things, I do things when ever I wanted to.

I needed to end this conversation before I crack and take everything I said, back. "I never should of made you fall for me" I pulled her hand away from my face and saw it fall back onto her lap. I got out of the car and walked away. My own eyes grew slightly watery, but I never cried. I didn't look back at her because I didn't want to see what her expression would look like.

Don't be surprised about the fact that I don't want to stick around the fair any longer. Would you? I got straight into my Skyline and put all my frustration into the speed I reached in driving. When I got home, the front lights were on and the door was unlocked.

"Hey Austin" My mother had a cheery face on. She didn't know anything about the life I had, or the life that my father had.

"Hey mum" I tried my best to put on a smile, but I felt horrible.

"What's wrong? You look like you just witnessed a death"

"What's that meant to look like?" I asked.

"A mixture between being scared, sad and in shock" She answered as she walked over to me. Exactly how I felt.

"I broke up with Avery" I answered. She was my mum and I told her things, because she was someone I trusted.

Her face grew from cheery to shock and she hit the back of my head with her hand. "What the hell did you do that for? I knew she wasn't one of those girls you used to bring home and she was actually nice! She would be a perfect daughter in-law and Avery was someone I could have a conversation with!" She almost yelled as she put one hand on her hip and pointed an accusing finger at my face.

"Mum it was 5 months! We broke up before things got serious, and it was better for her, trust me I didn't want to break up with her but she couldn't go out with a boy like me" I shook my head.

Negative Law Of AttractionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara