Chapter 9

I stood there leaning on a red car, who it belonged to remained unknown to me. I was deep in concentration when a laugh erupted. My head whipped to the source and saw it was Damon who was still talking up the girl. I rolled my eyes and walked over to them.

"Next monday" He smirked. I reached them just as he said that.

"What's next monday?" I asked butting into the conversation.

"My next fight" Damon looked at me briefly before turning back.

Right. Okay. I made an 'O' shape with my mouth before asking again. "So, who's this?" I asked that question twice tonight.

"This pretty young thing, is Georgia" Damon said looking at her but answering me. He lifted his eyebrows and widened his eyelids slighty.

"Hi" I smiled at her.

She smiled back. "Hey, and you're Avery?" She asked.

"Sure am"

"Austin's mentioned you once" She smirked. Uh-oh what's that supposed to mean.

"Yeah..uh i've met him" I said unsure of what to say.

"And you're hanging out with him tonight" She used her fingers as qoutation marks. "I'd be careful, if i were you"

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"Well, to be honest, i hate him, he's a jerk, but because i'm in his gang i-" I cut her off.

"You're in his gang?!" I raised the tone in my voice.

"Yeah" She smirked. "As i was saying, because i'm in his gang i have to put up with him, which let's me see what he does, he plays girls"

"Yeah i know" I whispered, looking down. Who was i to say he'd actually like me, i couldn't change him, i was probably just another one of those girls who were full of hope and dreams.

"No, i'm serious, you don't know how bad it is, he two times, he's that bad. We're talking about the King of Players" She looked at me seriously.

Georgia looked down at her watch. "Sorry i got to go start the race" She started to push pass.

"Nice talking to you beautiful" Damon called out after her.

She looked behind. "You too" She smirked and went to the starting line.

Everyone started to crowd around near the line, it was darker now but the street lights gave us a clear view of everything.

"You coming?" Damon raised a brow.

"Yeah i'll catch up" I gave him a smile.

"What's wrong?" Concern crossed his face.

"Nothing"

"Come over soon" He walked off, giving me one last unsure look.

I thought about what Georgia said, he two timed? he actually had the nerve to date two girls at a time, if he even called it dating. What if he was chatting me up, and some other girl? I suddenly grew nervous about tonight, worry filled my mind.

"Austin Gray and Tyler Johnson!" Georgia read from the piece of paper, loudly.

Austin finished working on his car and looked around, his eyes caught mine from where i was far from the crowd leaning on a wall with a worries face. Confusion showed on his face and once he realised i wasn't there cheering a look of hurt was shown then passed just as quick. I gave him a weak, fake smile which seemed to become happy again.

He smirked and got in his Nissan then drove to where the starting line was and where the Tyler kid's green car sat.

"Ready!" She began to lift her flags. A feeling of de-ja-vu happened.