Chapter 39

My Honda was ready, which meant it was in driving condition. So, I was going to drive it today to Austins garage. When Kyle came in this morning to annoyingly wake me up, he told me that Kyle and Reece would be driving behind me, so I had to take my car. Don't ask me why, I have no answers for you.

"I still can't believe you are doing this" Gabby shook her head. Reece, Gabby, Liam and I were sitting at the dining room table waiting for Kyle to get out of the shower and get ready so we could go.

"I know, but I really need to talk to him" My gaze dropped from Gabby's when she gave me a disapproving look, but she knew I had a reason for this because she was the only one out of all the boys who knew the most and kept a secret I didn't want leaked. And, even though the secret about Austin and I was out, I didn't blame her and was forever thankful to Gabby for not speaking a word about it.

"About what exactly?" Liam asked.

"That's strictly confidential" I smiled up at him.

"I'll be right there" Reece said sternly. He too didn't like what I was doing. Reece and Liam were the ones I could say were the most responsible ones and they really treated me like I was their little sister they had to protect while Jake was gone, and they were doing a good job at it.

Our conversation dropped after that and we all ended up just staring at each other or objects that surrounded us. Damon and Caleb were still sleeping and Brett chose to watch TV instead of talk to us. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, he's so social. But, he didn't know anything about this so why would he join us?

10 minutes later Kyle emerged from the hallway. "Okay guys i'm ready" He flicked his wet hair out of his eyes.

"Hey, it's not too late to not go" Gabby tried.

"Sorry Gabby" I smiled. Through that smile I tried to reassure her but even though words would've worked better, I didn't think anything but 'I won't go' will reassure her.

Instead of answering, Gabby looked -with a seriously, serious face- at Kyle who stood behind me. "Stay close to her, don't let her out of your sight"

An 'aw' escaped my lips after what Gabby just said. She meant what she said even though I truly believed there wouldn't be danger lurking at Austin's garage. Although, it was Austin we were talking about. Crazy things could jump out at any given time.

"I won't, I promise" I turned my head to see Kyle nod at Gabby after speaking.

"We should go" Reece spoke up. "Get this over and done with"

I nodded my head. "Right. Yeah. See you" I smiled at Gabby and Liam.

"Bye Brett!" I yelled.

"Be careful and good luck!" Brett called back.

Kyle and Reece led the way and like every time, my car was parked in the driveway. Kyle and Reece both decided on taking Reece's car which was parked on the road from when he arrived early this morning. I was the first one in my car since Reece and Kyle had to walk down the driveway so I reversed out and stopped just before their car.

When they got in Reece's car, I wasted no time and began to drive to Austin's with them following seconds after. Austin was installing an engine into a car when we arrived. He looked up after hearing the cars and half-smiled at me.

I got out my car and the two boys were by my side in a flash. I tried my best not to show how happy was at seeing Austin by biting my lip, so I wouldn't smile. Austin was dressed in long overall's to protect his clothes from grease and other things. Even though the outfit was ugly, he definitely pulled it off and looked like an Abrecrombie and Fitch model.