Chapter 21

When Gabby dropped me off saying that she really didn't need to talk to Jake but it was just an excuse for me to go, i decided i should do something that could let me think for myself. I ran up the stairs ignoring Jake's hello and quickly changed my outfit into something more comfortable. I took out my phone and texted Ben asking where Austins garage was and he texted me back the directions.

I put my converses on and walked back down the stairs. "Oh still ignoring me?" Jake asked, though he didn't look at me. His eyes were concentrating on whatever he was watching on TV.

"Sorry, i'm in a hurry" I smiled a sheepish smile.

He turned his head around. "Why?" He asked.

"No reason" I shrugged. I couldn't lie to my brother, well i could but he was just to good.

"What ever you're doing just don't kill yourself" He said in a serious tone but his face didn't change. "Hey who drove you home?" He paused. "It wasn't Austin was it?" He asked.

"Naah Gabby did" I smiled. It wasn't a lie.

He nodded. "Speaking of Gabby she said there's some new chick moving in across the road"

"Really? Find out her name?" I winked. I swear though i heard him mumble something across the lines of 'i thought it was her house'. I didn't question it.

He started to think. "Yeah her names Maddie"

I didn't look surprised at all, of course he would find out her name. "Alright, is she a friend of Gab's?"

"I don't know" He shrugged. "I saw her walking into her house with boxes though. She didn't tell me much"

"You're like her bestfriend, wouldn't you ask?"

"Nope" He shook his head.

I looked at him with doubt but decided not to question it because i could tell he wouldn't know the answer. "Anyway see you"

"Okay don't be home to late" He turned back around.

I arrived at Austins garage by taking a bus. Ben was over near the tools while Joel and Austin were working under the cars. I quickly walked over to Ben only because i didn't want to interupt Joel and Austin's work.

When i approached him he looked up and smiled. "Hey"

"Hey" I said looking at what he was doing, he was only sorting some tools so i guess i didn't interrupt him from much.

"Your cars out back" He nudged a thumb behind him. He handed me the set of keys i didn't get to familiarise myself with earlier.

"Thanks" I nodded once.

"Don't mention it" He said then went back to working.

I walked out to where i thought was the back and saw my black Honda. My insides jumped with adrenaline. I hurried over to my car and decided to just test it out, Jake managed to teach me a few things about fast cars and i wanted to finally be able to do it. I put both my hands on the wheel and revved the engine causing the tires to squeak. Since i stayed in the same spot smoke started rising in at the back so i changed gears and reversed.

I drove out to the front of the garage where the door was pulled all the way up with the view of the guys working on the cars. From the amount of noise i made Austin, Joel and Ben looked up from the work. "Thanks again babe" I winked at Austin.

He stared at me dumbstruck and surprised but he quickly recovered. "Don't mention it princess"

I smiled at the two boys near him and drove out onto the road careful not to run into any cars. It felt a whole lot more weird than driving in a normal car, it made me feel stronger and faster. My adrenaline issues got way out of hand and i seriously high. I drove around streets and buildings not knowing where i was going, all i knew i wanted to do was test it out on an empty racing track.