|8|

The sound of trains whistle in the distance as Louis pulls me through alleyways, our feet like lightening on the pavement. My legs have become numb from running and my face raw from the subzero wind lashing at my face. All I can feel is Louis' fingers tightened around my wrist, so tight I think he might rip my entire arm off.

I don't know how long we've been running, a half an hour or so I think, but I still can't shake the feeling that this whole plan has gone to shit. If only Tyson had just let me go then none of this would be happening, then again none of this would be happening if I never met Tyson; but in that case I wouldn't know Louis either.

Maybe that's a good thing. I wouldn't be involved in half of the shit I am, and I wouldn't be absentmindedly running through alleyways with my lungs burning holes in my chest.

It wouldn't be a good thing, and I know that. As much as I want to say it would I can't, because if it wasn't for them I would be living out my boring ass life a lab technician in Omaha and that isn't the life for me. Or Louis, or even Tyson.

Louis finally stops, his chest heaving viciously. He throws his hair back, shoving a hand through his locks  he takes a step toward the wall, pulling me along with him. 

"C'mere," he breathes, and I walk towards him, wrapping my arms around his chest. "I'm so sorry."

I nod in acceptance of his crippled sorry and he plays with my hair all the while staring behind us to make sure we are in the clear.

"We have to go." I tell him, releasing my grip on him. "Can you get a new ticket?" I ask and he shakes his head forlornly.

"We can't show our faces anywhere."

"I can." I tell him.

"You're an accomplice now."

"To what!" I scream, mentally smacking myself for being so loud. "We haven't done anything, he shot you!" I jab at his torso for emphasis. "He should be the one going to jail, not us."

"You covered up my death, tried to go along with it. Tyson's gonna stretch that as far as he can to get you back and I'm a wanted man."

"Okay, those are minor offenses, he needs to be locked up. He's a lunatic." He shakes his head at me, grabbing a hold of my hand.

"I was supposed to die, Piper. He's gonna kill me no matter what, he knows people and they will make sure that I'm dead. People in high places, babe."

The cops?"

He nods.

Then it hits me, like a punch to the throat, how deep we truly are in this 'game'. They even have my friends in on this. Does Tapenga know that they're after us, or is she just being helpful old Tapenga?

Either way were screwed and I have no idea what to do and the uncertainty scares me the most, not that I will never be able to live a normal life or Louis probably won't make it out alive.

It's numbing to an extent.

"We're in this together." He says, but it's more queationing, a sound I've never heard from him.

"What do we do now?"

"We go to Dean's house, he'll have something for us."

"Alright, let's go."

He kisses my forhead, and grabs a hold of my hand and we run.