| 5 |

I watch from underneath Tysons chest, at the rising sun, breaking through the flimsy off-white curtains, and I know this is my moment.

The moment Louis dreamed of for me for years, the moment when I would leave the toxin that is Tyson and free myself, mentally and physically.

My hand pushes gently against his clamy chest, his skin wet from withdrawal. I cannot remember the last time I saw him clean, throughout our whole relationship he used, I was just so naive that I hadn't noticed.

I didn't quiet understand why he spent so much time in the bathroom with his head in the toilet, or cried so much from body aches, not until the night of broken glass.

"Yeh, I'll send you those notes." I yell, to Tepenga, my study partner as she rolls her window back up and continues on her drive. My hands immediately fasten onto the thesis notes she handed me in the car and I reach for the handle.

Pushing the door open, I throw my tote of books down, kicking the door closed and pulling away my trench coat.

"Ty?" I scream, making my way inside, cutting on the hallway light and heading for our bedroom.

He sits at the edge of the bed shirtless, his head down, brown curls covering his face, and his arm extended.

I don't notice the band around his forearm first, or the needle embedded under his skin, but the blonde girl with her body sprawled across our bed.

I stop in my tracks, looking from him to her, and then down at the pile of her clothes.

"What is this? What are you doing, Ty?" His head moves slowly up until he's staring at me, his eyes blood shot and wide. I can barely see the green iris behind all the drugs, I don't see my Ty.

"Pepper- Piper. It's not-" he stumbles, trying to get up but he falls right back down.

My skin feels sticky. Wet. Burning.

It doesn't feel like it's mine at all but in reality it is.

My throat burns and I try my best, no to burst into sobs, because what can that do for me right now? It'll only leave me feeling weak and I refuse to feel that way right now.

I'm on him, pulling away the needle from his arm and throwing it across the room.

"Your doing drugs, Ty?" I scream, livid, my throat becoming raw from the pure anger rithing through me.

"And your cheating on me?" He grabs at my wrist but I smack him away.

"Don't fucking touch me." My teeth are grinding down to nothing by the time I start to walk away, down the stairs and towards the front door.

"Piper!" He thunders, his footsteps aching the more they near me.

"Stop!" I cry, bending down to grab my bag but he jerks me up, grabbing my ponytail and throws me backwards, sending me flying on my ass.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Tyson move." I yell.

He stands over me, his eyes even more sinister than before. Nothing like I've ever seen before and the fear inside me is overwhelming. My heart is beating so hard I can feel it on the surface of my skin, I'm pretty sure Tysons can see it too.

"So you're just gonna leave me like that? Your just gonna abandon me?" He smacks his chest so hard it pops my ears. "What we've made here." He turns to face the wall, tearing down frames of hugs and kisses.

"Go ahead. Leave!" He growls, pushing vases off table tops and sending his foot through the base of the wall.

I pull my arm through the sleeves of my sued coat and feel around the carpeted floor for my phone, feeling the smooth surface against my palm, I squueze, releasing it from under the bed.

The screen is lit up with missed calls, voicemails, and text messages.

A few calls from my mother, Tepanga, my dad, Charlie. I ignore them.

I don't want to involve them in this, because I won't be for much longer.

I scroll through my text, landing on the last two from that night.

It'll all be worth it, baby girl.

You'll finally be free.

I smile, wiping the dried spit from my mouth as I begin to open new text.

Today is my last day as Piper Richardson. The fragile, misunderstood, punching bag.

No more, wondering when it'll get better, because three nights ago marked my ticket out of here and Tyson's cinviction.

Three nights ago, I watched the love of my life die, and one week ago, he called me and told me of a plan to get away, out of Tyson's choke hold.

Tonight a dead man, will rise from his sullen grave and take me away from here.

I'll be waiting at the train station. Be here before two. L.T

{ This is a major turning point in the whole book, although it was hard to write this chapter because my mind was swimming with so many ideas and i couldn't write properly. I hope you love this chapter and I will update soon. Love you, thanks for the support. }

-ALASKA