Earth: Chapter Six

Start from the beginning

"No really, I'm going to get sick and it won't be-" I started to protest but his grip was much too firm to pull away – without using my powers that is.

"Whoot! It's going to be fun Zillina!"

The excitement radiating from him had me grinning as I strapped myself in.

I clenched to the barrier in front me as the ride began, cranking and clanking, calling to my fear. Horrified screams could be heard from the people behind and in front of me. Andrew's loud boisterous laughter is what got me to open my eyes. I suddenly realised that I was not afraid. The wind blew vigorously through my hair and the blurred colours around me reminded me of the race in the mountains with my aunt. The feeling of freedom over shadowed my fear and my lips twitched into a smile.

"Having fun?" Andrew shouted above the noise.

I was enjoying the moment much too much to answer him verbally. I nodded my head and closed my eyes once more, not because of fear, but because of the rush I now felt. As the wind became steady, I opened my eyes to realise the roller coaster had stopped.

I turned to face Andrew who was very pleased with himself for convinving me onto the roller coaster.

"Told you it would be fun." He boasted.

It was over way too quickly. Andrew's laughter faded and I realised he was frowning at me. My best guess: he was frowning at my frown.

"Want to go again?" he asked, a new smile slowly forming. He read my mind.

"Hell yeah!"

We rode the roller coaster four times, the speed was amazing, and surprisingly Andrew seemed to enjoy it more than I did. The rest of the group went on to other rides as we decided to regroup in an hour.

"Okay," he said as we walked away from the roller coaster, "What do we do now?"

"I really don't know. To be truthful, I want to go back." Andrew laughed and looked back at the ride.

"Well we can't do that, they said it was not fair to other people." he laughed. "So let's try something else."

"Okay." I looked around "Oh! Let's try the carnival games."

He looked at me with a smile that would stun a girl if caught off guard. He grabbed my hand, interlocked his fingers with mine and pulled me along. We walked up to a table which displayed bottles and hoops.

"Come one, come all! Play the ring game. Win something for someone or even yourself!" shouted the man behind the counter. He wore glasses that rested on bright red clown nose. His orange hair stood out against his pale skin and highlighted his deep brown freckles.

"I want to try throwing one of those." I said to Andrew.

"Hey," Andrew said, calling for the guys attention, "How much to play?"

"Five dollars, you get three chances to throw a hoop over a bottle to win something."

Andrew gave the guy five dollars, and he handed him three hoops.

Andrew gave the hoops to me "Go ahead."

I took a hoop, stepped back, drew for a deep breath, aimed, tossed and missed. I frowned as the hoop spun off the rim of the bottle and fell to the floor.

"Your aim is horrible!" Andrew said, laughing.

I glared at him. "As if you can do any better."

"Bet I can." He countered.

He took a hoop and tossed it with ease, and unfortunately it slid right down the bottle.

"I told you so." He said still smiling. I stuck my tongue out like a five year old.