«The music»

Lapis' point of view

I couldn't possibly let this beauty slip out of my fingers. I had to run after her, so I did. I gave the quickest glance inside my room and went after her. I blush at my blunder attempt to catch her, but she would slip out of my grip each time. But I was still ambitious to get was soon is to be mine. -"Get back here!"- I growl as I run behind her. I couldn't possibly out run her, so my last choice was to tackle her. She would just not give in.
Our bodies fall hardly on the ground, a hideous crack was heard. The first thing that I thought was if I have hurt her gem. The gem under me growls cheepishly and holds her aching head.
-"Where do you think you're going?"- I sit on her back and lean to her face. The pieces of glass of her visors rested under her face. Again I caught sight of the colors in her eyes.-"Do you hate me?"- my voice cracks, she rolled her colorful eyes and shoved me out of her. She picks herself up with her elbow,—"I don't hate you-"— she lets out a heavy groan, she glances at the pieces of glass under her.—"And you owe me a new pair of visors."— she furrowed her eyebrows with a nasty glare at me. Ok so she does hate me. Or atleast she does now. She wipes some small pieces of crystals from her face before sitting up completely. She cracks her tired back and glares at me. A hint hollowness in her.
—"You are such an incogitable little brat."— she spat, a noticeable vein popping out of the side of her forhead. But I can't help it, even angry she looks undeniably cute. My eyes enlarged at her shaking pupils. Then I notice her shaking body, now is when I began to feel worried. —"Woah, are you okay?"— I stretched my hand to her, but like a scared creature she pushed herself back on the unmovable wall ,her boots sliding on the floor failing to keep far away from me. She slapped my hand out of her way and I quickly grab my stinging palm. Ouh...

—"Don't touch me!"— she hissed.

—"Why not?"—

—"JUST DON'T DO IT!"—

Peridot hugged herself, just two gems being scared of each other in a lonely hallway. This is not her. An uncomfortable silent minute passed, my ears even began to ring. Just the sound of her scared, shaky vocals. This emptyness of these moments made me short to my breathing. If I sighed it would be too loud for her. My eyes were pinned on her at all times, her body was stiff.
—"D-did I...I...I'm sorry."— I wasn't sure of what I was sorry for, but I was sure that I did not like to see her like this. She sighed, this was progress.
—"I do not accept your apology."— she sighed and pulled some annoying hairs out of her face. Well atleast she talked to me. —"Why ever not?"— I move an inch close to her, hopefully she did not notice.
—"What you are doing to me is not forgivable."— she shyly looked at me. Finally, yes ,look at me. I move a few inches closer. This time she did notice, but she did nothing.—"Whatever am I doing?"— I pout, I scoot next to her, our hips touching each other.
—"Do I even have the courage to tell you?"— I heard her mumble. She covers her fluttered face. A grip on her other hip from me and I pull her to me. More than we already were.
—"Tell me what?"—, she scoffs and rolls her eyes. —"What did I do to you?"— My fingers trace a line on my chest, the stubborn gem wouldn't budge. Peridot was completely dazed, lost. —"I don't want to talk about it."— she wiped her blushing cheeks. Well then...I stayed silent. Another minute of uncomfortable silence took over. I put my fist on the cold ground and lift myself. I was ready to leave, but the silk of my skirt was being opened by the strong grip that Peridot held on it.
—"D-don't go."— she stuttered. Mmffffhh... The grip that appeared on my now broken skirt moved to my own hand. I roughly pull her out of the ground, a low shriek as I did so.

The tip of my fingers trace circles on her cheeks. —"Hey, I'm not going anywhere."— I assure her. Her cheeks shift in to a darker green, I giggle at the sight of it. I lower my hands and put her own metals on my hips, then I wrap my arms around her neck. Her cheeks get wild colors. I bit my lip and so did she. —"What are we doing?"— she asked as I begin to give short steps to the sides. I look down at our feet and then up at her colorful eyes.
—"We're dancing."— I chuckle softly, she glances down at my chest. I begin to hum a nameless tune softly. She memorized my song and hummed along with me, her scratchy vocals a bit deeper than mine. —"Why?"— she asked in the middle of our song. I couldn't name why the urge of these actions came to me, so I just shrugged a shoulder in response.
—"Why didn't we do this eighteen years ago?"— Peridot laughed softly, this made my song be interrupted because my body filled with delight, thanks to her laughter, a sign that deep inside She were to be happy; And not the grumpy and stubborn gem everyone concludes her to be.We spun a few times and moved our hips.