«Double dreaming»

Peridot's point of view

Darkness was all I could see, I ran from the humming birds that chased me through the broken and dusty old kindergarten. My balance left for some reason and I collapsed to the ground, the winged creatures poking me with their bloody beaks. Scratching all of my enhancers with their pointy claws. I could name all of them. That's sadness, that's fear, that's anger, that's depression. The names would be endless, they were all my pets. I pull my own triangled hair to see if the outrages sound could come out of my brain. The sound continued to accumulate in my head, giving me an undeniable migraine. I tossed and turned, shouting for help, but of course no one would come and rescue me from this deep hole of hollowness.
I'm hollow, so hollow. But yet I'm filled with negative feelings. How could one feel like this?
I squeezed my eyes shut, the taste of my blood beggining to form inside my toungue rapidly, the thing all piled up inside my throat, so I sat up to gasp for air. And it just bounced around my dark and empty room.

-"It was just a nightmare..."- I whispered and panted to myself. My cold fingers hold on to the thick sheets. I glance over at the glowing clock.

1:17 a.m

Lazuli...

Then I give a small glance at my deattached enhancers besides it. I never go to sleep in them. I hop out of my bed and lazily slip them on. Closing and opening my fist a few times so the metal fingers could activate. I look up at the floating screens. I count all of the gems before heading out, Lapis was not in hers, so that means she must be waiting for me already.
I unlock my door and begin to make my way to the garden's door. Trying my best to tiptoe my way there, these things were louder than anything in this Galaxy. I get goosebumps and a terrible shiver runs up my spine as I walk by Jasper's door. But, I retreat and quietly turn the knob to my escort's door. A peaceful gem sleeping on it's bed, her wild hair pulled back in to her low tails.

A sigh escapes my mouth as I close her door. I again keep tiptoeing to my destination. My thoughts begin to run around my head, but to keep my mind distracted from my annoying conscious, I turn my screen log and review our next missions.

Check. Check. Check.

I scroll down all our previous missions. Until I spot a familiar reflection on my Yellow screen. I gasp in realization.

-"Peridot!/Lapis!"- we gasp each other's  names in union. She stands from the dark corner She sat on and rushed to me. -"So you decided to come?"- the gem's lips were in to a small smile. Her blue lips seemed a bit chapped. -"How long have you been waiting here for me here?"- I ask her, still stareing down at her broken lips, my eyes look up at the dark circles around her eyes. -"Are you alright?"- I ask her, her twitching eye already giving me a clear response. She sighs and tries to calm down her unsettle expression. -"Yes...I mean...I guess- tsk...that's not important right now."- she grabbed my floating fingers and janked me to the gem scanner. She grabs the back of my hair and pits my face infront of the machine in an abruptly way. -"Woah, Lazuli what the-"-

-"SSHH...they could hear you."- she whispered in to my ear. She kept her grip on my elbow as she scanned her gem. The doors to the garden opened and at a rushed movement we were already deep in to the flowered place. -"Where are you taking me?"- I pushed the spider webs out of my face as I was practically being dragged through this place by her. My boots being scratched by several rocks. Ugh great... As I pushed the last branch out of my face, we arrive to the replica of the fountain with a sculpture of her. This was a gift for her from Blue Diamond. But it is a long story of none importance right now. She sat me on the edge of the dry place. It was covered with vines and dead flowers.
-"Listen here, Peridot."- she grabs my shoulder and I shriek. She pulls me closer to her face to try and intimidate me, but her lips and dark circles were not helping. She looked like she had just come from an endless two thousand year war.-"I saw what happened with you and Jasper...and...Sapphire told me that I could've saved your life."-

I sigh.

-"What is she doing to you?"- the grip on my shoulder softened.-"I can guarantee you that she is not hurting me."- I lied. -"Oh yeah? Well I hope that punch on the wall that nearly got your face meant nothing."- the grip tightened again, nearly pinching one of my nerves.

-"Don't worry, I'm fine. And if that's all you wanted to know..."- I stand up and am ready to walk away, but her grab tells me otherwise. -"I am not finished."- she eyes me to sit down. I growl and do as she says. -"Why do you keep lying to me? To yourself?"- her question echoes in my head, making me look away to the ground in embarrassment. Now I've found a new voice to haunt me...a new winged creature to nearly poke my eye out of it's place. And I think I'll call it Lapis. -"Why are you so worried all of the sudden?"-

-"What? You think I don't notice how you care about me? How you leave my cell unlocked every night? How you look at me without even trying..."- her eyes watered but she still chuckled. My cheeks wildly begin to burn and I can't help but to scream.

-"NNNYAAAH! Stop that!"- I cover my ears and plug my fingers in them. But her teasing words easily penetrated in to my ear drums. She crawled toward me teasingly. I lean back until I am completely laying on the edge. The stupid crawling up my body. -"Don't think I don't think about you, Peridot."- she licked her lips. I pushed the gem off me and ran through the broken branches , as I was about to slip my finger on the lock two enourmous water wings block my way. She turns me around, shaking my shoulders.
-"Peridot."-

-"NO DON'T HURT ME!"-

-"Peridot!"-

I shielded my visors with my elbows, waiting for her blow. A minute passed of me shaking and shrieking in fear ,but her grip never left my shoulders, instead they slid down my upper arms.

-"Woah, are you alright?"-

-"What?"- I uncover my face to see a harmless gem. -"Y-yes..."- I shiver.

-"L-let's go...talk."-

______________________

Thanks to all those who are writing nice things on my message board, I can't answer them all because I'm really busy with the books and I log out of my account very often.
And if anybody ships Korrasami then you should be expecting a Korrasami college fanfiction soon.
Art by: Onefell (tumblr)

~Bluefeelingz