«I could've done something»

Lapis' point of view

A soft hand stroked my face which made me wake up."Wake up spleepy head." A soothing voice rang in my ears. I opened one of my eyes just to see Sapphire stroking my tired face.
"The ship is going to land shortly, let's get ready." a tender smile upon her lips. I stretch myself before sitting on the edge of my floating bed. My cell was opened, all of them were.
With my blury morning vision, I see Aquamarine lean againts the frame.
She wore some dark blue slippers ,a crop top like mine, but only the colors were different, and a bikini bottom with a long see through skirt.
Her long hair that nearly passed the back of her knees was settled in a french braid. Her eye color was nearly snow white. Just like her hair as well.
"Good morning, Lapis Lazuli." She said with a grin. "'Morning, Aqua..." I said a bit hesitant. We've only talked a few times, after that, she leaves with the rest of the gems. There was no sight of Peridot...that's weird, she always takes us to...oh right...she's busy.

Me and Sapphire walk out of my cell and join the busy crowd. "I hope Blue Diamond isn't underwhelmed." Sapphire said as we walked to the main exit of the ship. Jasper leading the way. "She's not going to be underwhelmed." Aquamarine walks in to our conversation. I feel myself glare at her, but I look forward and seek in to their conversation.
"How do you know? Only I can."

"You know...sometimes you have to stop seeking in to the future and trust your gut." She digs her elbow playfully on Sapphire's shoulder. Sapphire scoffs and crosses her arms.
Aaww geez...
Finally we arrive to the main exit. The middle of the hand shape ship. Two elegant Pearls standing on each end. I hear Jasper clear her throat, I stand on the tip of my toes to look at her over this crowd. "Please maintain a good behavior. Blue Diamond is expecting a drastic change in all of your characters." The orange gem turned, for a moment I was blinded by the bright light starting to burst inside the ship. The gates opened ,revealing our colony.
We walk down, I feel Sapphire hold my hand, a strong grip even.
"Don't be scared..." I whisper to her, she gulps and shakes. An immense crowd of high class gems standing on the sides. How many were they?
Like a hundred or two on each side?
The gems make a round of applause for us. Jasper making her hypocrite soldier wave to all of them.
My eyes travel through the people's faces, some were familiar, some were old and even new. I should seize this small moment, I will not see them again for four entire years. At last we arrived to the Diamond's castle. A crystalized castle with a mix of bright blue and pink colors that with each movement shifted in to different ones. Sapphire lets go of my hand a bit more relaxed. In the crack of the enormous gate, peeked a fragile Pearl with her eyes covered by her short blue hair. "Blue Diamond is expecting us." Jasper said. The Pearl nodded and opened the door, with a bit of a struggle. Pearls are so fragile, so weak. We entered ,the longest of staircases to our right and left, on the second floor would be the Diamond's throne room. My eyes admired every inch of the crystalized room, until I spot the Pearl and Jasper talking.
"Hey...what are they saying?" I whisper to Sapphire, I push myself through the crowd to get a bit closer.
A little faint, but I quite caught what they were saying.

"Please watch them, I have some unfinished business to attend to." The soldier cracked her fists. The fragile intertwined her slim fingers over her chest and nodded. Jasper left, leaving the Pearl in charge. We followed her up the right staircase until I got a glim sight of Blue Diamond's robe. Three ice chandeliers hanging, with some blue Pearls modeling on them. Yes, you read correct. They are literally accessories, shiny toys. They made such perfect movements. Blue Diamond watched them with entertainment, until her preferred Pearl entered the room with us behind her.

"My precious." Diamond called us. We all kneeled before her. "I welcome you all back to my colony, your colony, our colony." She giggled softly, by all I know. My Diamond was the most nicest Diamond, I can't even imagine her having a disagreement with Yellow Diamond. "As you all know, you have come here to stay, besides the obvious..." She began...

"I agreed with someone's offer. My four stronger gems will accompany Yellow Diamond's alliances-"

So I've heard...

"With the simple reason of my choice to make you stronger, to make you flawless, make your already existing talents develop in to something extraordinary." She clenched her fist infront of us, her passion is our priority. Now our priority is to please her desires. We all stood from our positions. "Aquamarine, Tanzanite, Sapphire and Lapis..." ,my skin tensed up when she said my name. "I hope you do not disappoint me." She lowers her voice. We stayed silent. "We won't my Diamond." Aquamarine spoke up, which made a tender smile appear on the Diamond's lips.—Why do I want to scream?

"You may explore your colony for a while, but remember that shortly my chosen ones will have to return to the ship."

...

"This changed so much..." Aquamarine whispered to me as we walked through the populated colony along with Sapphire and Tanzanite. "This doesn't even feel like home anymore..." I confessed as we approached a beautiful stone fountain with a sculpture of myself...it was an old gift the Diamond gave to me...but it's a long story that I don't have time to tell right now. All the gems nodded in agreement. "Maybe because we already got used to that muddy ship" Aquamarine scoffed, brushing the gem on her forhead. Suddenly, Sapphire gasped. We all stopped to look at her. She stayed silent, Aquamarine shoved her shoulder.
"Why did you do that?"

Grrr...Don't touch her.

"N-nothing, Lapis, dear?" She settles her bangs appart to look at me."I forgot my gloves in the control room...would you mind getting them for me?" She opened her eye widely, she was trying to signal me something, but I couldn't really tell. "Um...yeah sure." I stiffened my back to summong my water wings. "But wait for me here.", I flew back to the ship as fast as I could. Running through the huge halls trying to find the control room. I've never really been there. Now to come think of it, I don't think Sapphire would be allowed there either.

As I walk through the halls, something rings in my ear. An angry voice, a familiar voice. A breaking glass was heard in the distance along with a long annoyed groan. I didn't hesitate to follow the strange sounds. Each second I got closer the sound of danger was ringing in my ears. I reach to a dead end, but the noise was still there. The noise of fists burrying inside a wall. At the end of the hall was a crack opened door, of course my curiosity will not keep me away from it. Obviously the noise was coming from in there.
As I peek my eye through the slim crack, I spot Peridot, againts the wall. Plus, a shadow covering her body.
" I thought you were going to fix this!" A furious Jasper yelled from the other side of the room."Listen...I don't want to hurt you!" She gets closer to the shaking gem.
A new bruise on her opposite shoulder. The buff gem stepped closer to her, her scared fist penetrated a piece of the wall besides Peridot's cheek. I couldn't even explain the insane shriek that escaped Peridot's lips. She squeezed her eyes shut.

Do something, do something.

No...I can't... I'm stiff. Why can't I move?

Then Jasper's face so close to Peridot's...so close that I couldn't breath. What are they going to do? Peridot's eyes opened half way, her terrified face begins to build something inside my chest. Her lips crooked, the lips that were laying over Jasper's.

Do something.

Peridot's pupils shrunk at the sight of me. I feel my own shrink as well. Jasper's giant fingers wrapped on Peridot's small chin. I just ran...
I...I just ran. I didn't even know why.

Suddenly I trip over someone, our bodys hitting hard on the ground. "Why didn't you do anything?!" The Sapphire laying over me whispered violently. "I-I don't know." —"You could've saved her life, Lapis Lazuli." Sapphire scolded me, but why would she want me to prevent them from doing that? It's none of my damn business. Even though I would've liked to know that mysterious Peridot...
"Listen to me." Sapphire pressed her hands on my cheeks. "Something bad is going to happen, only you and Peridot can stop it." She cried. I'm so confused, I got scared instantly. "I-...I don't want nothing to do with her."

"Why not?"

"I DON'T KNOW!" I pushed her off of me and continued to walk to my cell's direction, "You can't do this to me, Lapis."

"Watch me."

__________________________

Dedicate these few chapters to
@FluffyPinks ,she's been really active to this book and I want to thank you for that!

~Bluefeelingz