Chapter 56: Cat V.s Mouse

Start from the beginning

 My hands fisted, “Don’t change the subject! This is only about—“

“—you,” he interrupted, turning his angry sapphire gaze back at me. “This is only about you Cassie. This is because of your actions, your stupidity, and your ability to deliberately disobey me.”

I shook my head, “You’re a sadistic Bastard.”

I opened my mouth to say more, when he suddenly hissed at me, his jaw opening up wider than humans ever could. His face ignited into something else, and the features on his face for a moment look unreal. I jumped back, putting more space in between us. He titled his head down at me, until his chestnut curly hair fell into his narrowed eyes, “A little jumpy are we?” he questioned slyly, and licked his lips slowly; “get’s the blood racing you know.”

I swallowed the lump in my throat, “Rules,” I reminded him firmly.

He groaned, “Fine, you have ten seconds to go hide again.”

“Wait wha—“

“One,” he started, holding up a finger.

“But I don’t—“

“Two.”

“Stop!”

“Three,” he whispered.

“Val, I’ll kill myself if you don’t listen to me.”

He stopped counting and smiled, “Yeah right.”

A plan seeped into my brain. I reached for a small vase on display in the hallway. I smashed it on the ground, and quickly picked up a sharp piece. 

“That was expensive,” he pointed out, ignoring the threat on my life.

My fingers shook, as I held it over my wrist.“I’ll do it.”

He chuckled, “Don’t be ridiculous, my mouth will be over that wrist as soon as you do it. So in the end I kill you. Drop it.”

“Come and get it.” I held the piece between my middle finger and pointer finger, and waited a few heartbeats.

“You’re up to something,” he stated, taking a step forward.

Well, not yet…

“Not yet?”

I pulled the hem of my dress down, and his eyes followed the movement. I brought my arm back quickly, and threw the piece of glass at his neck. It tore through the side of it creating a deep gash. I sprinted towards him, and kicked him in midair. He hit the wall with a thud, and his gun dropped to the ground. I dove for it, but he scooped it up with his foot. It landed in his hand with ease, and he whacked me with the side of it. I cried out, and clutched my eye on the ground. “That was a major fail.” He removed his hand from the cut which has stopped bleeding, but deeper than I thought.

“How did I do that?” I muttered to myself, staring at his neck.

He ignored me, continuing to look down at his bloody glove. He clenched his jaw, and squeezed his hand into a fist. “See, I was going to make your execution nice and quick. I really was, because even though you violated a bond, you are still just a girl. ”

“Geez man, can you stop talking about yourself for five minutes?” I questioned sarcastically, and laughed at my own joke.

His cat eyes moved to mine, and he flashed a pointy smile. He pulled a blade out of his back belt, and held it firmly at his side. “I’ll have to remember your wonderful sense of humor, when I watch your lifeless, bloodless body fall to the ground.”