Chapter 5

I landed the Fighter in a clearing nearby the village where the Separatist ships went. With lightsaber and blaster in hand, I made my way out the ship and through the woods. I closed my eyes and used the force to guide me to the Twi'leks. 

After searching I found where they were and walked towards that direction. The problem was that there were a couple of droids guarding the wall that protects the village. I quickly drew my lightsaber and slashed the 5 droids with ease. Once the coast was clear of droids I walked through the streets of the village and looked at everything in shock. 

The place was deserted, there was no signs of Twi'leks anywhere. It's like they just got up and left. Or they were taken. I tightened my grip on my lightsaber and kept my guard up...just in case.

It felt like I was walking around for 20 minutes before seeing where the Twi'leks were. All of them were grouped together and bounded. That's when I realized there were droids guarding them, keeping them hostage. I growled quietly and desperately tried thinking of a plan to get them out without getting them or myself killed. 

Or both.

Suddenly I heard a noise. Footsteps to be precise, but they were behind me and not nearby. Quickly, I got up and cautiously walked to the noise. With every footstep the footsteps got louder and louder. I also heard blaster shots and roaring. 

I ignited my lightsaber and held it tightly in my hands. I then stopped and pressed my back against the side of the building to listen. I heard screaming, blasters, and roaring. Suddenly there was a rumbling sound, like there were boulders falling to the ground, and them silence and quiet talking. 

Then the footsteps continued and got louder as they got closer, but they weren't heavy like droids. No...they were human footsteps. After a second the footsteps stopped and everything was quiet yet again. 

I was about to step out and confront them, but stopped to think for a minute. Who can be behind this building? What if they're Bounty Hunters? What if they're Sith? Separatists? Or just innocent survivors that escaped the Separatists? I decided to take my chances and turned the corner. But who I saw behind the corner were the very last people I thought i would see here. 

I glared at Obi-Wan and the clones. "What are you doing here?!" He raised an eyebrow at me and said, "I would like to ask you the same thing." "I asked you first." 

He sighed before saying, "Well we are here to free the Twi'leks from the Separatists. You?"

I looked at them suspiciously. "Same reason. And I'm not surprised that you came to save them when the Separatists are involved. Bet it would be different if they were kidnapped by people that are not Separatists." "What are you saying?" 

"I'm saying that you seem to like to get involved helping people only when the Separatists are involved."

A clone with yellow on his armor came up and said, "That is not true!" "Oh, really? Well it sure seems like it." Obi-Wan ten came up to us and said, "Can we settle this later? We have to find the Twi'leks and stop the Separatists." 

I smirked slightly. "Already found them. The Separatist droids are holding them hostage near the big canons." The yellow armored clone turned to Kenobi and spoke, "Sounds like their using then as a living shield."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Oh really?" I sassed sarcastically. "Oh, would you just shut it?!" He snapped. I chuckled, "Like I can keep quiet. clone guy." "It's Cody. Commander Cody to be exact." 

"Alright! That's enough you two." I huffed and turned away. "Look, we all need to work together to free the Twi'leks. That includes you too..." I glared at Kenobi. "It's Amber and no way in the Outer Rim will I work with you." "You have no choice. The Twi'leks are in trouble and if you want to save them, then we have to work together or they will most likely die." 

I thought for a moment before groaning. "Ok, alright. We can work together." I grumbled at the end. "but only...if I get to lead most of the plan. I know these Twi'leks better than anyone and I know how to get them out safely and smoothly. And once we free them, we go our separate ways and never talk or see each other again."

Obi-Wan pondered over this for a moment before sighing and nodding. "Alright, you have a deal."

With that we left to save the Twi'leks.

Together. Ugh...this is gonna be a long mission.