Chapter two - Mate issues

Ethan is not talking to anyone until he can see me. I hate this! I'm now starting to hate the fact he is my mate. I can't stand to see mates together. Jax is Lilly's mate, she's from James pack. The only person I can stand being around without wanting to scream is Barbie.

"Rachel he won't talk to us all he said is that he needs to see you." Harvey complained to me for the thousandth time this week.

"Go see if it's actually him!" Lupa was practically running in circles with joy. She always wanted a mate I was the only thing stopping her from going to him.

"No. He is from that thing that killed our father!" I swore I would kill anyone directly linked to him.

"He is still our mate!" She yelled at me closing the link. She only would talk to me whenever anyone would mention him.

"Fine. I'll go speak with him." I told Harvey, his eyes went wide with shock.

"Are you sure that's a good idea Alpha?" I just went past him heading to the pack prison. Harvey was down there with Jax and Barbie. Abby moved out a few days ago to go live with Grant.

"Alpha." Jax said sensing my anger as he left with Barbie trailing right behind.

"What do you want?" I snapped at him. He looked taken back by my tone.

"I'm sorry." He weakly states. I couldn't look at him he looked exactly like his father.

"Why?" I slumped down the wall I was leaning on. "I never even wanted a mate." I mumbled to myself.

"Can we talk?" Ethan pleaded placing his hands on the silver bars, only for a brief seconds before he recoiled them back.

"What is there to talk about?" I still had my head in my hands on the floor. "You come from that monster." I began to get angrier by the second.

"Jax if I'm not out in four minutes come and get me." I messaged him.

"Yes alpha." He closed the link.

"I'm not him. I'm nothing like my father." He sat down trying to get closer to me.

"You look just like him and you tried to kill me." I looked him dead in the eyes tears brimming my eyes.

"I-I-I didn't want to kill I just wanted to become part of a pack." He paused and rubbed his temples. "I only did helped him because he told me you killed his mate my mother out of revenge."

"I was only twelve when he killed my father. Before that I didn't even know him. So could I do such a thing like that with out knowing?" I paused waiting for an answer. None came. "You see my point?" I huffed staring at the doors waiting for Jax to save me from this torture.

"I believe you I just wonder how my mother died." He spoke lying down on the cot facing me.

"Ethan why was your father after me?" I stood up looking down at him.

"He said because you killed his mate and something about you being really powerful?" He stated but more like asked himself if he was right.

"Okay and thank you for telling me that. Jax will bring down some food and then I will decide what to do with you." I confidently got up chuckling at him being so gullible. I didn't lie about what I said but I was a little dramatic to get him to trust me. I do have a soft side but that rogue I can't. I have to make it seem as though I'm a ruthless leader.

Jax was just about to enter the prison when I left on a huff. I was mentally drained. Bipolar almost. I wanted him one minute and the next I wanted to kill him. I wanted him to feel the pain of what I have felt all those years I was without my parents, but at the same time I wanted him to be mine, I wanted to be in his arms. If I ever was, that would feel wrong.