Chapter 9 : Denial

It has been a few days since you spoke that strange old men. However, his words echoed in your head every hours, minute .... "They are two pairs of twins, girls and boys"

Why did he have to say that? 

Why did I ask?

But you knew why, you wanted to know the truth, the people who cold bloodlessly killed your friend...your only friend , outside from your family, of course. But why did it have to be twins? And two sets at that? If it were just twins..well you knew of some in the area. Like the two boys from the Kaiko family , or the troublesome Minnie and Linnie - who are rumored to be the leaders of a girl gang - . All of them could have been your suspects but for some reason, no matter how hard you tried to put them together with the murder of Hoshi it never added up. To commit a murder, you have to be at least somehow close..but none of them were...if only it was one pair of twins ..girls or boys..or a girl and boy but no..it had to be two pairs of twins...girls and boys...and the only one who could be considered somewhat close were....

You grabbed your head "NO! STOP! IT COULDN'T BE THEM!"

"Young madam are you alright?"asked one of the maid. The blonde haired maid was standing near the door, she was new here but she was warned that the children here..were a bit odd. She tucked her apron, looking at you with a mixture of fear and worry on her face.

"I'm..I'm alright,sorry.." you said looking away. why must you make yourself look like a fool?

"U-Um..Dinner is ready, your family is waiting for you downstairs."

"Thank you, I'll be down in a minute"

The maid bowed and left the room, leaving you alone yet again. You looked at yourself in the mirror and lightly slapped your cheeks " Get yourself together , (Y/N). "

Finally, you made it your way down. Everybody was sitting at the table, waiting for you to start their meal. Your parents were always busy but once in awhile their time schedules would add up and they had a chance to eat dinner together as a family...a family...

You sat down between Alfred and Sebastian this time . This sounds cruel but they would play rock paper scissors before dinner to determine with who you will sit, you felt like a toy when they first started doing this but...they have always being so kind and protective towards you, it was the least you could do to repay them...and it's not weird at all...right?

Rika gave them a glare and Rina simple looked away, none of them were happy. But Alfred on the other hand was giving them a big grin , while Sebastian was calmly waiting for his step-father to finish  his yet another story that happened in the office..nobody liked them but it made the old man happy.

"Hey, (Y/N)..is everything alright?" Alfred whispered to you.

"Yes...I'm fine."

A meatball hit Alfred! "What are you talking to my little sister about!?" it was Rika's..

"Rika! Your manners!" said her step-mother.

"You damn...biiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-" when Alfred tried to grab for her, he accidentally placed his hand in the salad bowl , when he looked down to see what it was..Rika smacked her pudding into his face.

Rina covered her mouth to not reveal her giggling and Sebastian just shook his head at the sight.

"Why can't we ever eat as a family....just like on tv....TTWTT" sorry dad, this is your family now.

"Ahahahaha!Ahaha-" and Rika got smacked with Sebastians pudding in the face as payback from Alfred.

"That was mine..." Sebastian lost his pudding.

Looking at all this the words of that man went through your head again...There is no way they could have hurt anybody...they are harmless....right?...why won't you say right...please..don't make me suspect them....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Soo... i'm close to 100...would you guys like an about the author when I reach that goal?

- Chii