Disturbing Dreams

Chapter 16

Disturbing dreams

Sleep- Poets of the Fall

I am walking through the forest, the moons pale light, lights my path sending me to an unknown place. My hair flows down my back, thorn less, white roses are woven in my hair and I’m wearing a beautiful flowing, blue dress. The moon is full and hangs in the sky surrounded by the stars; I gaze at it enchanted by its beauty. I enter a clearing, where a little pound, surrounded by rose petals, waits for me in the center. I kneel next to the pond; my knees crush a few petals and send the soothing aroma of roses into the air. I gaze at my reflection and find myself smiling back.

I reach out and let my finger tips glide over the surface, disrupting my reflection.  Suddenly a veined, pale hand reaches out of the water and grabs my wrist, pulling me into the pound. I struggle against its surprisingly strong grip as it drags me farther under. I am finally able to wrench myself out of its grasp; I flip my body and kick as hard as I can propel myself up toward the surface.

I try to surface and find a force field over the top of the pond. I bang on the force field, panicking as my air supple starts to dwell. Suddenly the scene on the other side of the force field chances, a church replaces the forest and I see Alana standing next to Chogan, in front of a priest. I pound against the force field with all the energy I have left trying to get him to look at me. I hear them say I do and watch as they kiss and everyone cheers. I feel my heart break right before everything goes dark…

********

I sit up in bed tears run down my cheeks, my heart feels heavy. I look over at Chogan and find him looking at me, his head propped on his hand.

“What’s wrong, love?” He asks as he sits up and takes me in his arms.

I feel a tingling in the pit of my stomach at the word love; I burrow my head in his neck trying to stop my pointless tears.

“Nothing, just a nightmare I’m sorry I woke you.” I mutter into his neck.

He lies back down, pulling me down with him. I lay my head on his chest and listen to his heart beat, as he traces circles on my back. Our heart beats match; they sing the same song and never seem to miss a beat. We stay silent, neither of us knowing what to say, neither of us want to ruin this moment.

“Can you forgive me?” Chogan asks hesitantly, his hand still absently tracing circles.

I look up surprised, “I already have, we both acted immature.”

He strokes my cheek and looks into my eyes, I find myself wondering what he sees in them. Does he see my past or my future? The pain I’ve felt or the happiness I feel right now?

I see pain and regret in his gaze but I also see hope and love? I’m not sure if I see love because I secretly hope he feels the same way as I feel for him or if it is really there.

I smile at him and gently press my lips to his. He instantly responds, running his tongue along the seam of my lips, asking for entrance. I grant him entrance and our tongues intertwine. He tastes like fine chocolate and something else something unique, his own special taste.

He pulls away breathing hard, “You should get some more rest.”

I smile, “Will you stay? You need rest too.”

He looks into my eyes, “I will stay as long as you want me too.”

Somehow I think he means more than just until I wake up.