nineteen

"A what?"

  "A double date!" Jimin squeals and claps his hands together.

   "No." Taehyung responds immediately, and fills out the next answer on his home work. He can practically feel Jimin's deep frown and waits for him to argue.

   "Why nooot?" The whining slut asks. "We haven't hang out in ages, and I want you to meet my boyfriend."

   "What am I, your dad? Do I have to give him my blessing to plow your ass?" Jimin gasps and hits his arm.

   "We haven't even had sex!" He whisper shouts and Taehyung stares at him.

   "Do you not remember when I walked in on you and him doing some hardcore fifty shades of grey shit?"

    "Never mind.." Jimin mumbles, a light blush on his cheeks and he plays with his pencil. "Can you please just think about it? For me?"

    His best friend peers at him with puppy dog eyes and Taehyung stops writing. It was the least he could do, going to a stupid dinner with him... He had been an asshole of a friend, and he wanted to make up for it.

   "Fine. I'll ask Kookie." He gives in, and takes out his phone to text his friend.

   "Kookie?" Jimin raises an eyebrow at the cheesy nickname and laughs.

"Shut up."

That weekend, Taehyung was picked up by cabbage patch and little slut at seven o'clock. They still hadn't picked up Jungkook, and Taehyung fixes his hair nervously.

  "You look fine, stop freaking." Jimin looks back at him from the passenger seat. They all dressed casual-- Taehyung in a leather jacket and some jeans, Jimin in a stripped shirt with a choker, and Yoongi in a coat and scarf.

They rolled into Jungkook's driveway, and all the boys took in the house skeptically. It was a dump, to put it nicely. The white picket fence was faded and peeling, there were enormous weeds and plants that grew all over the yard, and the porch looked so sunken in that Taehyung feared it would collapse.

    Time stops when the door opens, and the raven haired boy emerges. Taehyung stared at him-- with his white sweater that threatened to fall off one shoulder, his perfectly fitting jeans, the boots he always wore when he went out, and that nervous smile that showcased his pearly whites. He was breathtaking.

    Blue eyes meet his own and Taehyung felt like melting into the soles of his shoes. Was this beautiful work of art really his?

   "Usually the boyfriend opens the door.." Yoongi breaks Taehyung's train of thought with his side comment. The cabbage patch nods at the car door, and Taehyung quickly gets out of the car to go to Jungkook.

    He gives Jungkook a smile that reaches his eyes and kisses him on the cheek. "You look handsome, babe."

     Taehyung opens the car door for Jungkook and gestures for him to go inside. A nervous laugh leaves Jungkook's mouth, and the younger pecks his lips before slipping into his seat. Taehyung rolls his eyes playfully and licks his lips before shutting the door and going to his own side.