Chapter 22

Ashton's Point Of View

Painting a room can be extremely hard. Especially when the people painting the room are three teenage boys who have next to no idea what it is that they are doing. There was absolutely no way I was going to let Luke into a room with potentially harmful paint fumes. Especially since our baby was giving him so much grief. So, me being the problem solver I am, called Calum and Michael to ask them if they would help me and they agreed. I am very glad they did because I didn't want to have to do it on my own. "WHAT? you want us to paint this whole room?" Calum says walking into the room that will soon belong to my baby. I laugh at how terrified he sounds and he just looks at Michael who is working the same nervous expression. "Don't you worry. We will be done before you know it." I say trying to put them at ease. We set all our stuff up and start painting. Surprisingly, the first coat doesn't take very long and dries pretty quickly. Then we go over it again. That's all done at about 12:00 so we decide to order some Chinese food and have some lunch before we even think about putting the furniture together. "I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS!" Michael exclaims. I shush him because I know Luke is trying to sleep because that baby seems to be completely sucking the life out of him.

"This won't take long I promise. All we have to do is put it together. Luke and I are going to decide where we want everything together tomorrow when the room has had a chance to get some air-flow through." I say. They just nod and start getting everything out of the packaging.

"THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE IN SOME KIND OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE!" Calum says loudly with yet another horrified expression on his face. Michael starts choking on his own saliva at the sound of these words. All I can do is crack up laughing at his stupidity. Their scared expressions turn into confused ones. "How are you laughing at a time like this?" Michael asks fake dramatically. I hold in my giggles. "There are actually English instructions on the other side you tools." Calum flips the page over before shooting me a death glare. "Savage." he calls me. I pretend to be offended and fake gasp. "Aye! According to google savage means Fierce, violent and some other word I can't remember. Last time I checked I wasn't violent. You are the true savage."

The two boys give me the 'haha very funny' look and start putting the furniture together.

Once we are done, Michael and Calum go home.

I go up to Luke's room to check up on him. I slowly open his bedroom door to find that he isn't there. I listen out to see if I can hear him in any other room but I can't. "Luke?" I call out. "In here." I hear him call weakly from the bathroom before violently coughing and throwing up. I rush to get to his side. He is sitting on the cold tiled floor, cry and shaking. "Can you stand?" I ask frantically. Luke shakes his head. "LIZ!" I call out. I hear her make her way to the bathroom. "Yes h-" she starts, walking into the bathroom, and then realises what's going on. "You stay here with him. I am going to go call an ambulance. He needs medical attention." she orders rushing off to get her phone.

I take my poor boyfriend into my arms and rock him back and forth in attempt to calm him down. "Ssshhhh baby, you're going to be okay. I whisper. A few short minutes later the ambulance arrives. Right now I am honestly so scared. What if something is terribly wrong? I am trying to not make it obvious that I am internally s.hitting myself. I can't bare to see Luke in pain any longer so I decide to let Liz go with him and drive my own car. I don't even think about telling my mum, I just go. I just hope I don't get a speeding fine. I get there about two minutes after the ambulance. They take Luke in for tests and examination immediately, leaving Liz and I to sit there anxiously and wait for answers.

"Family of Luke Hemmings? The doctor would like to see you." A nurse calls. I walk into the room where my boyfriend is sleeping peacefully. I sit down in a chair and let Liz sit beside me. Then, a doctor comes in and sits in front of us.  "I gather that you two are very worried. We have run some tests and it seems that Mr Hemmings is suffering from a disease called Pre-eclampsia. Many People experience this but it is very serious and as Mr Hemmings is in the further stages there are only two things we can do." the doctor starts. I'm confused. "How are we only noticing this now?" I ask. The doctor chuckles. "In the first stages of Pre-eclampsia it is very unnoticeable but when it progresses without medication it can lead to other symptoms. Vomiting being one of the symptoms he experienced."

"What can we do about this?" Liz asks. "Like I said, since we have let it progress this far there are only two things we can do." I swallow hard at the doctors words. "We can either try some of the new treatments that we have been developing or... We can deliver the baby tonight." My eyes widen. "I would actually suggest the second option because the treatments haven't finished being tested and we don't know if they will work on male pregnancy or at all really." I can't believe what I am hearing.

"What if  we choose neither?" Liz asks. The doctor clears his throat. "The worst thing that can happen is death. It is a very serious disease." He says bluntly. I don't care what Liz wants to say next. "Well then I guess I am becoming a father tonight."

_____________

*Side Note: Pre-eclampsia is a real disease/illness that does indeed actually effect many women during pregnancy but, I did make a few things up to make this slightly more interesting. Before anyone comes to me and says "That's not true" or "That's not what happens." I KNOW OK. Thank you.

HEY GUYS!

This is a short chapter, I know but I have already written the next chapter by hand and all I need to do is type it up.

I just felt like I could stop where I did for suspense.

Anyway, BIG THINGS COMING SOON!

Also, would anyone be interested in me doing a small character ask?

You can send in questions if you want but I am also going to just come up with some.

If you are at all interested in sending in questions (You can send in as many as you like), here are the characters that will be asked questions:

Luke

Ashton

Liz

Michael

Calum

Jack

Carrie

Mr Irwin (Ashton's father)

Mr Hemmings (Luke's father)

Stay Rad, Billie. xx