Chapter 19

Luke's Point Of View

I'm really worried about Ashton right now. I hope nothing too bad has happened. I knock on his door and wait for him to answer. I am not standing there for long  before he opens it. His eyes are red, obviously from crying and he can't seem to look me in the eye. I hug him. at first he lets me then all of a sudden he is pushing me away. he leads me over to the couch and tells me to sit down.

He looks at me. Tears prick the corner of his eyes and he hangs his head. "What happened?" I ask, worry evident in my voice. "I'm sorry." He says. I am confused. "What for? tell me what happened." Ashton takes a big breath n and wipes the stray tears away. "Carrie Stewart kissed me after school today. She had me in such a tight inappropriate grasp that I couldn't detach myself. I wanted to but she wouldn't stop and she held me so tight that it hurt. I'm sorry. I've betrayed you." He looks so ashamed. I know it wasn't his idea or his fault. He curls up into a ball and cries again. I think he expects me to leave and shout and get angry but I'm not going to. I love him too much and I know he didn't want this to happen.

I hug him tight. "Oh baby. It's ok. I know it wasn't your fault and I know you didn't want it to happen. That girls a psycho who needs to stop manipulating everyone." He keeps crying. I rock him back and forth whispering sweet nothings into his ear in effort to calm him down. It works a bit. He unravels himself from his little ball and wipes his eyes. "I love you so much." I say. "I love you too." he says smiling weakly before is eyes trace back to his wrist.

Please don't tell me he relapsed. Please no. As much as I don't want to believe it I can tell by the look on his face that he did. "Oh honey." I say. I pull his sleeve down to reveal many old scars and fresh cuts. "I felt like I let you down. I failed you. Then. Michael and Calum had a go at me and I just felt like such a failure." I am almost heartbroken at his words. "You are not a failure. You are so strong. It would have been so easy for you to walk out on me but you were strong enough to stay here to support me and our child. I don't care that a psycho bitch kissed you. All that matters to me is that we love each other. I know that kiss meant nothing to you and the fact that you told me instead of having me hear it further down the track when it has been bent up and twisted around says a lot about you. I love you Ashton." I meant every word I just said. 

"I love you too. In fact, I adore you." Ashton says right before kissing me. As we kiss I can feel the baby moving. It makes me giggle as we pull apart. "What are you giggling at?" Ashton says raising an eyebrow. "I can feel munchkin moving around inside me and it feels a bit weird." I say. A grin forms on Ashton's face.

"Can we please just cuddle for a bit?" Ashton asks softly. "I would love nothing more."

_________

The next day is Saturday so I can sleep in as long as I want. Even though I haven't been to school since Monday. When I do get up I don't feel like showering so I just chuck on my jeans and a shirt. Right as I am about to put my shirt on I notice my little bump that has started form. I stare at it in the mirror. This is all becoming so real. Once I'm done I throw on my shirt and go downstairs and have breakfast. I make myself a nice big bowl of cheerios and sit and eat them while the house is quiet.

Jack was only here for a month and a half before he found a job and moved into his own apartment. In the end he and I started to get along even though I will always be a little bit distant and cautious with him. then again, who can blame me.

When I'm done I put my bowl in the dishwasher and go and sit in the lounge room. I turn on the TV and start watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians.  I don't usually like it but since I have been pregnant it is all I seem to want to watch.

20 minutes later my mum walks in and hands me my phone. "Ashton rang but it stopped before I got it to you." She said. "Thanks mum. Good morning!"  I say turning down the volume on the TV and tap Ashton's contact. It starts ringing and after two rings he picks up.