Chapter 17

Luke's Point of View |2 and a half months time skip|

I am currently three months pregnant and I can certainly say being pregnant is like hell. At least I don't throw up anymore. My feet get swollen just from walking to class and I feel like I need to pee, ALL THE TIME. I also get really hungry at the worst possible times. Sadly, being pregnant isn't a good enough excuse to be eating in class. Being back at school for the last two months hasn't been to bad to be honest. I definitely expected worse. Of course there were a few people who were judgemental and horrible but there were more people that didn't mind and that matters a whole lot more to me.

"Guess who?" I hear as someone strong hands cover my eyes. I can tell straight away that they're Ashton's hands and I recognised his voice. I giggle as I move his hands away with mine. I turn around and peck him on the lips. Barely anyone is at school yet so we have a little bit of time to be cute with each other. "You looking forward to this afternoon?" he asks as he unlocks his locker that just happens to be next to mine. "Yeah." I nod. "I can't wait to see our little munchkin up on the screen." He says pulling out the books he needs for today. Ashton seems really happy today and I love it.

"You seem to love calling our creation munchkin." I say to my perfect boyfriend. "Of course I do. He is our perfect little munchkin and his daddy loves him very much." He says bending down and talking to my stomach. "What makes you so sure it's a boy?" I ask with a smirk. "I just have a strong feeling." Ashton says pinching my cheek.

_________

When the school bell goes at the end of the day, Ashton and I are eager to get out of there and get to our doctors appointment that is scheduled at 3:30. We head out to Ashton's car and drive out to the clinic. When we get there we go inside and check in. There is barely anyone there. Only the receptionist and one other couple. We sit down and wait to be called. About 10 minutes later My name is called and we follow a short young nurse into her office.

"Hi boys, I'm Nurse Alana Tattoli and I will be your ultrasound technician throughout your pregnancy." The nurse says. "Hi I'm Luke and this is Ashton ." I say pointing to ashton that is following behind me. "It says here that you are here for you 12 week ultrasound and check up. If you would just hop up onto the examination table and lift your shirt, we can get started straight away." I nod and get up on the table and lift my shirt up to roughly where my ribcage is.

Then the nurse turns on the machine and pours this cold blue gel onto my stomach. I grab Ashton's hands and he turns to look at the screen. Nurse Tattoli picks up a wand thing and moves it around my stomach until our little miracle appears on the screen. She then presses a button and the sound of the heartbeat comes from the little speaker like thing. "That's our baby." I say looking at Ashton who is slightly tearing up at the sight. "Yeah. That's our little munchkin." I take another few minutes to look at the screen and take in the reality of what's actually happening. "Would you like some photo's?" The nurse asks. Ashton and I both nod, knowing that our mother would definitely want to see photos.

Alana prints out a few copies of the picture and hands them to us. She then wipes off the gel that is still on Luke's stomach. "Everything looks good. I'm just going to get the doctor to do a check up on you." I nod and sit up. I exhale a massive breath that I didn't even know I was holding in. "That's OUR baby." Ashton says putting lots of emphasis on the 'Our'. "Yeah. Our little creation." Shortly, the doctor walks in and sits down at the desk. "All I really need to do today is check up on your health as Nurse Tattoli has assured me that your baby seems perfectly healthy." he says kindly.

"So, Have you been sticking to the meal plans?" The doctor asks. "Yes." I nod. He then turns to Ashton. "Is he telling the truth?" "Yes he is." Ashton says in full confidence as he grips my hand. "Ok. Has the morning sickness subsided?" The doctor asks. "Yes. I have stopped throwing up but I still get some pretty bad headaches and dizziness but nothing too bad." I reply. The doctor just nods and ticks a few boxes on a chart and writes a few things down. "Well. Everything seems to be on track. Congratulations boys. I will need to see you again in six weeks." He says opening the office door and walking us back out to the waiting room. "Thank you." Ashton and I say together as we walk out the door and back to Ashton's car.

_________

"You ready to head back home?" Ashton asks. I think for a second and realise I have this inhumane hunger. I am craving McDonalds fries dipped in their soft serve ice cream (This is actually so good. I suggest you try it) really desperately. "Can we stop at Maccas?" I ask. "I really want fries and ice cream. I have money." I say. Ashton chuckles. "Ah, the cravings have started already." He says. We drive to McDonalds and park the car. We get out and I power walk as quick as I can in the door and order what it is that I am desperately craving.

Once it's ready, Ashton and I sit down at a table. "So, 6 months until our little ones here." Ashton says. It feels kind of scary to look at it like that. "Yeah. Wow." I say taking a big breath out. "What are we going to do when the baby comes? Or even sooner when you're too pregnant to go to school?" Ashton asks worriedly. I hadn't really thought about that but I guess there's no time like the present. "I guess in like 4 months I'll start doing classes online and then when the baby comes the baby comes."
Ashton nods in agreement.
"To be completely honest, I can't wait to see our little munchkin. I know this isn't exactly what we planned but now that this is happening I'm actually really happy." He says with his stupid cute grin.

"I'm excited too. I mean sure I had originally planned for this to be something we were thinking about s few years down the track but I'm ok knowing that this is happening with you." I say. Taking Ashton's hand in mine and rubbing  my thumb against his.

Hey guys! I wrote this while in the car on the way to Melbourne and was in the middle of nowhere so...
I hope you guys had a great Christmas!
Stay strong babes xx, Billie.