The Stress of Colours

Before this chapter really begins, I just wanted to put in an author's note.
For this entire time this book has been on the world of the interwebs, the book was called:

Brace Yourself - The Guild To Braces

Well, that has been fixed and I'm literally face palming so hard right now. That's all I wanted to say. Continue.

The stress of choosing which colour you want is real. In this chapter, there is a story and a guide. So anyway I'll get on to the story.

So at my orthodontist, there are two chairs so that two patients can go in at once. There is a third chair but that's only used when absolutely necessary such as if I wire is too long and it needs to be chopped a bit (which - no lie - takes two seconds).

Anyway there was this girl on the chair next to me and my orthodontist was checking her mouth so I had to wait. So the person who actually changes your colours (which may be your orthodontist but my lady is one of her assistants) gave me a key chain with all the colours.

She turned back to her desk so I could make a decision. In this orthodontist room, there is no door so patients or parents waiting can see into the room (only from certain seats) and mum was sitting on one of those seats. I was planning to get purple because heaps of people suggested it.

I held up the two shades of purple to mum for her quickly to point to which one she thinks it best. That's all I wanted her to do but then she stands up and walks into the room and I'm like Ö.

And the orthodontist's assistant was like,

"Okay, which colour?" And I asked for the darker purple. That's when mum finally came in and was like.

"Sorry, just looking at the colours."

And I'm thinking, mummmmmmmmm no no no they probably don't like it when you're in here. Anyway the story gets better.

When she goes to turn around and walk back out, she bumps into one of the orthodontists.

Oh my goodness...it was so embarrassing.

Also, there is a second part to the story. I walk out when they've finished and mum goes...oh. They look pink? And I'm like...oh. Must be because of the lighting.

I hopped into the car and they mixed me up with the girl next to me and they gave me a light pink. Pink is a fine colour but but but.....it was gum pink.

So it looks like my bottom gums are swollen too....sigh*

Ok, my little rant/story is done so I'll get on to the guide of choosing colours.

GUIDE TO CHOOSING COLOURS

Red: It's a choice I wouldn't go with because it can look like your mouth is bleeding from far away so....no.

Yellow: Makes your teeth look rotten.

Orange: it's basically a mashup of the first two however, orange actually looks quite nice.

Green: a big, fat no no. Looks like you have food stuck in your teeth or something gross.

Blue: Perfection. Virtually nothing can go wrong here.

Purple: Also perfection! Nothing can go wrong.

Pink: As long as it's hot pink then you should be fine. Not gum coloured pink.

Any of you have embarrassing stories at the orthodontist?
'BlueApple202