Clear/Ceramic Braces

Now this won't be relatable to some/most brace faces out there but this is a rant that applies to me and many others.

Clear/Ceramic Braces

Alright, at the beginning of my treatment I had a big decision to make that would influence my life for the next 18-24 months.

Do I get the clear/ceramic braces or the normal, metal ones.
So I was still torn between the two options and every day, every hour, every minute, every second....I was getting closer to having to decide.

I suppose I would procrastinate about deciding what kind of braces I would get because I would be like:

Awh, I've got more important things to think about like that assignment...I should do that I still have ages to decide what braces to get

But then I would procrastinate on doing that assignment so....but that's besides the point, don't judge me you do it too.

Eventually the day came and in the car I was like...mm I'll get this actually mm, I'll get that.

Anyways the day finally came and mum and I approached the desk getting ready to pay our many...many dollars and the receptionist asked the question:

Would you like the clear/ceramic braces or the metal, coloured normal ones?

At that moment I decided to go with the clear, ceramic ones because you can't have them on the bottom so I thought I could be Hannah Montana and live the best of both worlds with clear on top and coloured on the bottom. So we paid the extra few hundred dollars (sorry mum) and once it had all be transferred, the receptionist hands us the paper with the pros and cons to ceramic braces.

I'll give you the disadvantages first.

- Ceramic braces are more sensitive to metal braces, therefore making it easier to accidentally break.

- Brackets (the block thing that is stuck to each tooth) is generally bigger than the metal.

- Ceramic braces cost more than metal ones.

- Might have to wear those braces longer than you would if you have the normal, stainless steel ones as it's more difficult for the ceramics to not fracture or chip moving them at the normal speed (mine are fine and weren't on the sheet but it's on the interwebs I found out but mine must be good because my teeth went straight within two or three months but we just need to close two gaps where two teeth were extracted which will take foreverrr).

- Brackets can get stained (not easily) therefore losing the purpose of the clear braces. However, it's easier to stain the teeth around the bracket making the brackets brighter than the teeth again defeating the purpose of the clear braces (keep this in mind).

Ready to hear the advantages?

- Colour matches the teeth making the braces virtually invisible from a distance.

Yup....all those disadvantages all for one advantage. If you want clear braces you have to commit. These are just warnings and it doesn't mean it's going to happen to you.

Hasn't really happened to me (I've had a breakage though) but you have to be really good and sensible when cleaning your teeth.

As a dear fri- no aquanta- no... human named Dan Howell has said:

Fear, it works.

That's how I've kept my breakages, staining etc to a minimum :)
Which type of braces do you have?
Thanks for reading wifi and data users.
'BlueApple202