In The Chair

So it's time for our 4 to 6 week check up. You sit in the waiting room and then the orthodontist or their assistant or whatnot comes out and is like:

"BlueApple202?" (A.N. They say your real name of course but I'm not putting my name on the interwebs for public view).

And you walk in and they're all like

HOW ARE YOU?
And then you're like, oh yes I'm good and you and all that jazz.

Then the orthodontists always tend to ask you this daunting question:

"How have your teeth and braces been?"

Most people would think, what is wrong with that question? It's not that bad.
Well, generally, you would reply with 'good', right?

Well, I think this was my third or fourth time getting my braces tightened and so they orthodontist asked me that question and I always reply with the classic, 'good' however, my mouth begged to differ.

I open my mouth and the first thing she said is this (no joke):

Ohh, mm not looking good (my name). Not great with the brushing...mm I'm going to have to speak to your mum.

This. Gave. Me. A. Heart attack.
Not really but I thought my chest was going to explode I was thinking in my head:

Oh crap, oh no.. Oh NO SHE HATES ME SHE HATES ME IM GOING TO GET CAVITIES AND MY TEETH ARE GOING TO BE STAINED WHEN I GET THE BRACES OFF BUT I DID THE BEST BRUSHING WAIT SHE IS GOING TO TELL MUM OH DEAR SHE IS GOING TO MURDER MY FACE OFF.

Okay, you all better be ready for this next part...
My brushing was fine. It's because my front gums were a little swollen. And that's because of something I cannot control and she knew that.

My upper lip is smaller than the bottom lip so when my face is 'resting' (so basically when I'm walking around not talking to anyone or just listening etc.), my lips don't touch automagically which means my top gums can get dried and then swollen. She said that when she first looked at my teeth.

Oh, my goodness.

So now every time I walk in to my appointment and they ask the question I reply with this:

"Nothing is hurting or seems to be wrong with my teeth. Just that gum but I think it's getting better."

Actually my appointment right after that one, I had my mother come into the room to let them know about my brushing and my gums because I was that afraid. That was quite embarrassing.

Has anyone else experienced something like that? I know I might be exaggerating but oh my goodness it was stressful. XD.
'BlueApple202