The Beginning of Treatment

Yes, orthodontists do call your braces, plates, retainers etc a part of your treatment. This word can sound quite scary but honestly, there's nothing to be worried about. What else would they call it? The whole process is some sort of treatment to straightening your teeth, or fixing your jaw or whatever your case may be.

For me, I had to get 4 teeth extracted and had to go under a general anaesthetic. If you need a tooth extraction, don't be scared. There's only a 1/1356786545 chance you would need to go under one. I didn't even need to go under a general anaesthetic but I had reasons that I don't want to share with the Internet.

Anyways extraction was fine.

Then you have the mould. Ohhhh the mould.
If you haven't had a mould before please skip this paragraph.
I'm sure we can all agree that the mould being held in your mouth is the worst 30-45 seconds of your entire life. It's not painful but it is annoying and you kind of feel like you need to gag, you know? Then they take it out and you're like, Yes, Freedom! But then you need the bottom mould too. Gosh darn it.

I always got nervous going into the orthodontist room at the beginning of my appointment, clueless on what to think. They give you options. I got three.

1. Have a jaw widener in your mouth (looks like a plate without the coloured part that sits at the roof of your mouth and each week you get a key and put it in the widener to widen your jaw). Then have braces.

2. Get braces and when im in my twenties, I have an operation where they break my jaw and put it into place.

3. Do nothing.

That second option freaked me out. I got home, scared, and my parents said that they would never force me to do that operation and they didn't want me to. So, I went with the first option however, they didn't give me the jaw widener! Yaaass. Again for reasons I don't want to share with the interwebs.

Sorry about the short chapter. I don't really know what else to say and I'm still overwhelmed by the death of Alan Rickman (also known as the man who played Severus Snape in Harry Potter).

The next chapter will be longer.
'BlueApple202