The Hornet Nest Didn't Fall Far From The Apple Tree

Start from the beginning

"You're the boss so ok." I looked up at her confused. No one has ever called me the boss. This sounds so strange. "Hunter I would like to run something by you?"

"Alright.."

"I want to move.."

"Move?"

"Away from you guys."

"Why? How? We are kinda stuck with each other you know?"

"I found a couple of places where we can split up and take shelter. As much as I love you guys we are turning into animals together as a group. We aren't getting along anymore. We keep forgetting who we truly are. Brothers are attacking brother. Friends attacking friends. And a dangerous unknown force is breaking this group apart. So maybe a little time away from each other will do us some good. If you don't want to do this then fine but at least let Dan and I camp out somewhere else. At least till his temper goes away."

"Show me the places and I'll consider it."

"Done." she smiled.

We walked across the sand and headed into the forest. "Look Dan and I spend half our day at the water so I was wondering if we could just have the waterfall since you guys barely go by it. I think I have only seen you all once and you were arguing with Katie. But other then that time I haven't seen you guys."

"That's fine."

"I want absolute privacy. I would want you guys to treat this like a home so you all holler before you all come."

"Alright." I told her. She seemed uneasy about something but I let it go once she quicken her pace.

"I'm not sure what you are looking for since I am not you obviously. But I know you don't like water. So you like bushes right? I see you often reading behind a tree or something like that. Would you like it here?" she ran up to a spot far away from the waterfall and I followed closely behind. She pointed to a place that would keep the rain away the rock was hollowed out and you could sit within it. I smiled. It was absolutely perfect for me.

"Yeah this seems like home to me." I smiled and she did the same.

"Good. Now Brett." I followed her for what seems like forever till she stopped and I fell into her unaware that she did. She made a noise as I grabbed her by her waist and pulled her up before she fell.

"Sorry. Oh God sorry."

"It's fine.. I thought of this place for Brett." I looked around it was open field filled with flowers and trees it was stunning. "And look across the field where it becomes trees again that's Katie and Shay."

"Alright."

"Now Thomas and Ellfie have been getting close and so I decided to have their little homes together. This way." I followed closely behind her and when she stopped I moved just in time that I didn't topple her.

"Here?" I asked. This part of the forest was dark and echoed. Roses bloom in the distance and water sounds came from a waterfall close by but I could not pinpoint where it was coming from.

"Here."

"Why here?"

"They always sleep. Why should they risk a sunburn and getting sick? And isn't it hard to sleep with all that sun?"

"I think they will like it.. They are always complain that the sun is a pain in the ass."

"No no no pain in the dumbass."

"Oh sorry my bad... Pain in the dumbass." I laughed. "Hey Vega why do you want to separate from the group so suddenly?"

"I don't want us killing each other. Time will do us some good."